• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch Thread Credibility Watch

Snarkyass, I didn't say lock down defender, but don't let that get in the way of you misrepresenting what I said.

BTW, we have a guy like I described coming in next year.
Facepalm

whoosh

There was absolutely no reason to respond the way you did.

What I posted was reasoned and reasonable.

There was absolutely no reason to respond the way you did.

Dude I'm on your side. I was referring to Chaundee.

Like you I was pointing out that criticism of our defense (while warranted) often fails to take into account a glaring hole in our personnel or give Manning credit for bringing in a guy to fix it.

I'll take your word for it, but the post didn't sound like that.

#hottakes

But really I was on the verge of posting about how proud I was of our fan base for not bumping the DMCW thread after a tough loss on the road to a good team, but bamadeac has to go and ruin it. #misseditbythatmuch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't this the 'credibility watch' of the the 'DM credibitily watch thread'?

In theory this is the good version, I think.

Still can't let them shoot 57% from the floor in the second half.

The hole at the wing position on this team really is glaring, especially on defense, but against Syracuse's zone it was obvious on offense too. Some of that is left over Bz-stank, in that McClinton never panned out, but some of it is on Manning, too. I'm as psyched about Brown as anyone, but this team has a real chance to make some noise this year, and Brown's addition may be too late if we lose Collins or suffer a major injury. I don't know if Manning expeced more out of Arians, but what bothers me the most is that Rich Washington can't even see the floor. I'm not expecting a 3-star recruit to come in and light it up, but his lack of playing time is bothersome at such a position of need.

Bama, not only is McClinton a bad player, but he has virtually no bball IQ. On D, he is out of position at least 2/3 of the time which puts everyone else at risk.

Still can't let them shoot 57% from the floor in the second half.

This is true, but I think any objective observer would watch last night's game and make the case that our lack of offensive adjustment late in the second half was the main reason we lost. We appeared to have no answer for the Cuse zone, even though they'd been playing it all game. Aside from a few low percentage makes - Dinos' corner 2, Wilbekin's top-of-the-key 3 - our offense was abysmal in the last part of the second half.

I am trying to be patient but having a hard time allowing Danny to learn on the job. Not only did Syracuse out play us at the end of the game, he got out coached as well.

This is true, but I think any objective observer would watch last night's game and make the case that our lack of offensive adjustment late in the second half was the main reason we lost. We appeared to have no answer for the Cuse zone, even though they'd been playing it all game. Aside from a few low percentage makes - Dinos' corner 2, Wilbekin's top-of-the-key 3 - our offense was abysmal in the last part of the second half.

I don't have the stats for half a half, but we shot 52% in the second half and still lost.

Of course a team like 'cuse is going to increase the pressure at the end of the game so we are not going to get easy looks, which highlights our poor ball movement even more. While MW was a hero at State, the ball wound up stuck in his hands several times as the clock wound down, which of Crawford, Childress or Woods would be our last choice for having to create something as the clock runs down.

I am trying to be patient but having a hard time allowing Danny to learn on the job. Not only did Syracuse out play us at the end of the game, he got out coached as well.

That is such bullshit. You have no interest in being patient or objective. Your posts during and after the game show this very clearly.

I'm all for blaming the offense, but it exceeded expectations. They scored 1.12 PPP and scored 76 points. The defense allowed 52 points and is a much bigger case for concern than anything on the offense.

That is such bullshit. You have no interest in being patient or objective. Your posts during and after the game show this very clearly.

I've never even heard of 82deacman. Disagree with him that Syracuse outplayed us, they simply executed and luckily hit a couple of DEEP threes down the stretch.

He's correct that Boeheim is currently the better coach but I would consider that due to his 40+ years of coaching exp. No reason to rag on Danny losing a coaching battle(barely) to a guy with nearly 1,000 career wins.

Yeah, if the standard is a coach is in over their heads if they lose a road game by five against an equally matched team against a coach with 40+ years of experience who plays an atypical defensive style to moset of the nation I think most coaches are in some trouble.

Yeah, if the standard is a coach is in over their heads if they lose a road game by five against an equally matched team against a coach with 40+ years of experience who plays an atypical defensive style to moset of the nation I think most coaches are in some trouble.

Hall of Fame coach with 891 wins and on his home court.

Not truly equally matched. Their two best players play positions where we have no one to cover them. Stats are nice, but match-ups on the court are where games are won and lost.

Back