• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch Thread Credibility Watch

Yeah, if the standard is a coach is in over their heads if they lose a road game by five against an equally matched team against a coach with 40+ years of experience who plays an atypical defensive style to moset of the nation I think most coaches are in some trouble.

Theoretically, I agree with your post.

However, if what happened at Syracuse only happened to Boeheim or to similar coaches such as Coach K, Pitino, etc, then that would be a valid point . Where I disagree with your premise is that is happens on a regular basis no matter who the coach is.

The definition of insanity is, doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Since Year 1, I have yet to see DM make any late game changes when in a close game, nor have I ever seen him use a TO, at any point in the game, when a team goes on a run that shifts momentum. Until DM shows the ability to make either of the latter adjustments, then anyone that is expecting different results is insane (I am not intentionally calling anyone on here insane, so please refrain from saying so, I am just using the definition to make a point).

Theoretically, I agree with your post.

However, if what happened at Syracuse only happened to Boeheim or to similar coaches such as Coach K, Pitino, etc, then that would be a valid point . Where I disagree with your premise is that is happens on a regular basis no matter who the coach is.

The definition of insanity is, doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Since Year 1, I have yet to see DM make any late game changes when in a close game, nor have I ever seen him use a TO, at any point in the game, when a team goes on a run that shifts momentum. Until DM shows the ability to make either of the latter adjustments, then anyone that is expecting different results is insane (I am not intentionally calling anyone on here insane, so please refrain from saying so, I am just using the definition to make a point).

Manning has changed up his use of TO's over the past few games on several occasions.

I mean the "not use a timeout at all" is just factually incorrect and really undercuts any legitimate part of your argument.

Unless we are doing the whole #AlternativeFacts thing, which is cool now I guess.

Last edited:
So, are we still on a #credibilitywatch or not? Need to prepare.

The Credibility Thread is on Credibility Thread watch more so than Danny Manning is on Credibility Watch.

Also it depends on what happens tomorrow because every game is a referendum on his coaching ability.

IMG_0161_zps456497d0.jpg

In 22 ACC road games, Danny Manning is 1-21 (.045).

MAKES YOU WONDER

Manning's ACC Road Win Percentage:

With primarily [name redacted] players: 0%

With critical [name redacted] players: 0%

With one [name redacted] bench player: 33%

Next year: MAKES YOU WONDER

IMG_0161_zps456497d0.jpg

In 22 ACC road games, Danny Manning is 1-21 (.045).

MAKES YOU WONDER

[Redacted]: -16ppg vs. average KP of 74.7 (through first 25 ACC road games).

Manning: -10.3ppg vs. avg KP of 43.3 (through 21 ACC road games)

If you throw out year 1, Manning is -6.5 ppg against avg. KP of 32.5. (Through 13 ACC road games).

Yeah, it's worth remembering that [Redacted] sucked in a shitty ACC.

[Redacted]: -16ppg vs. average KP of 74.7 (through first 25 ACC road games).

Manning: -10.3ppg vs. avg KP of 43.3 (through 21 ACC road games)

If you throw out year 1, Manning is -6.5 ppg against avg. KP of 32.5. (Through 13 ACC road games).

WTF does this mean?

WTF does this mean?

In [Redacted]'s first 25 ACC road games the average margin was -16 and the average Kenpom ranking of our opponent was #75.

In Manning's first 21 ACC road games the average margin was -10.3 and the average Kenpom ranking of our opponent was #43.

Personally, I think we should completely ignore year 1 when evaluating Manning. If you only look at his last 13 ACC road games (i.e. throw out year 1) then our average margin was 6.5 and the average KP rank of our opponent was #33.

In other words, while the wins have not been forthcoming, our improvement on the road in the ACC under Manning has been dramatic and obvious to those paying attention.

Baby steps.

Next season is year 4 in our Lord AB ("After Bzzaster") and we'll be looking for some ACC road wins. :thumbsup:

I said I would be disappointed of we didn't win at least two road games this year. We should meet that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Sucks to see Pastner do in half a season what Wake hasn't been able to come close to in 7 years.

Manning is the worst end of game coach I have seen in a long, long time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back