• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch Thread Credibility Watch

It's really unbelievable how the same thing happens every second half, around the same time each game. How is that possible? Every damn time?

Last edited:
Lol our first string coach just got worked by their 2nd stronger

For the record, I wouldn't have to post so much on these threads if idiots like this guy would just let them die.

We didn't lose tonight because Manning isn't the casual wake fans wet dream of a master end game tactician. We lost because our defense sucks (and because Crawford was robbed of a third free throw).

You know what would help us win all of these close road games? Being better. This team has improved under Manning and there is no reason to suspect that improvement won't continue next year. If we lose the next three by all means bring this thread back up, until then give it a fucking rest.

Can I bring it again now?

I'm fucking tired of moral victories. Until they show up in the standings and the committee counts them, we need to win the damn game.

Bad defensive teams are poorly coached teams. Defense is assertiveness and effort which is all coachable.

Sucks to see Pastner do in half a season what Wake hasn't been able to come close to in 7 years.

It is frustrating seeing other schools digging out of similar holes despite doing it quicker. VT and GT say hello. Even BC has shown shades of competence despite their talent deficiencies.

And Pastner is added proof to my assertion that good coaches make a difference in the first year or two. If something notable doesn't happen then it's a longshot that it ever will.

It is frustrating seeing other schools digging out of similar holes despite doing it quicker. VT and GT say hello. Even BC has shown shades of competence despite their talent deficiencies.

Losing the way they did today is a hard pill to swallow, but don't lose track of reality.

Current rankings of the 4 teams.
WF #37
VT #47
GT #70
BC # 147
Odds are in Wake's favor to be 3-0 vs the group a week from today. Losing sucks, but I'm not going to pretend to be envious of those 3 programs.

Bad defensive teams are poorly coached teams. Defense is assertiveness and effort which is all coachable.

That is the best statement that I have read on the boards in a great while.

While it helps to be a superb athlete, superb athletes are not good defenders unless they work hard. Solid technique and supreme effort make for good defense. A guy who cannot shoot beyond 10 feet from the basket can nonetheless defend if he really wants to. And good coaching puts guys on the court who want to play good defense.

Thus, we have a problem.

And Pastner is added proof to my assertion that good coaches make a difference in the first year or two. If something notable doesn't happen then it's a longshot that it ever will.

Pastner with three significant ACC wins in half a season. Manning with zero in his entire time here.

Just making sure I followed what in the blue hell just happened here...

Did the team coached by the 6 foot nine guy really now pound it inside late, when the other team was in foul trouble and couldn't stop them?

Not hard to figure it out.

7, 7, 12 = Years of head coach experience when hired

5, 5, 6 = NCAA or NIT appearances before getting hired

Losing the way they did today is a hard pill to swallow, but don't lose track of reality.

Current rankings of the 4 teams.
WF #37
VT #47
GT #70
BC # 147
Odds are in Wake's favor to be 3-0 vs the group a week from today. Losing sucks, but I'm not going to pretend to be envious of those 3 programs.

Where is that joker "can't tell if serious" picture?

Back