• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

Please explain this. Haas was committed to us until the 11th hour, signing with Purdue on November 18, 2013. Our basketball season, Bzz's last, was only 10 days old at that point, and we were undefeated. He wouldn't be fired until March 20, 2014 - over 4 months later.

Players commit to programs all the time when the coach is on the hot seat or when on-court results aren't good, like our class of '17 for example. That makes it sounds like you're alleging that Haas had some sort of very specific information about Bzz's employment status that 1) was known 4 months before he was fired and 2) stayed within the confines of the Haas family, because no one else knew anything about until the days-to-hours before the firing was announced.

Logic and creamy are not always the best of friends.

But you know what? I made all of you guys forget about Danny's credibility for a moment, didn't I?

Mission accomplished.

Can't believe so many of you took the bait. I expect it outta Ayo but surprised at some of you.

IIRC, we beat #1 Miami and top 10 NCSU at home in year 3 of the Bzzaster. Manning has recruited MUCH better and we compete in and lead in the second half of almost every game under Manning. Very few beat downs. Just can’t get it done down the stretch.

We're still barely hanging onto a Top 100 ranking no matter how the games look/feel.

Manning Year 3: 19-14, 9-9 in conference. Bz never came close to that.

Then there's the rebounding stats...almost last in the nation under Bz. Bz Y1: 315/338 (rebounding margin). Y2: 305/338. Even with a short team, we're 153/365 this year.

17-16 isnt to far from 19-14 bubba.

We have actual wake fans that troll our fanbase better than that.

Ok. It’s time to make a change. We’ve got a great class coming in next year, a starting center, and two very promising freshmen. Let someone else build with it.

Ok. It’s time to make a change. We’ve got a great class coming in next year, a starting center, and two very promising freshmen. Let someone else build with it.

Manning is going to coach this guy, who will start from Day 1 because we have no one on the roster at his size that can do any of these things.

This was the game that broke the camel’s back? One where our starting PG was horrendously bad, and we were outshot 39-13 from the FT line? Seems odd.

How do posters watch video of Hoard and still write about how he'll just be another freshman who won't have much of an impact?

How do posters watch video of Hoard and still write about how he'll just be another freshman who won't have much of an impact?

Hoard should look a lot more like a Duke freshman BB player than a Wake recruit.

Not sure I would compare Manning’s failures this season with losing two guys early to the pros with [Redacted]’s with losing guys to transfers. Not exactly the same trajectory.

Not sure I would compare Manning’s failures this season with losing two guys early to the pros with [Redacted]’s with losing guys to transfers. Not exactly the same trajectory.

And redacted's transfers went to lower levels of competition.

Manning isn’t the guy. The dialogue on here reminds me of the Buzz rationalizations. He’s shown us he is not the guy and spending the next two years trying to talk yourself into him is just going to make it all the more painful. I hope he is gone as soon as possible. I don’t need to see anymore.

I bet Coach K would play a walk on before giving playing time to a guard that committed 14 turnovers in the past two games.

This was the game that broke the camel’s back? One where our starting PG was horrendously bad, and we were outshot 39-13 from the FT line? Seems odd.

I’m concerned by the in game coaching and regression of Crawford. I’m even more concerned watching what Crawford does on a regular basis with what seem to be no repercussions. So yeah. Last night, when Moore was absolutely bringing it, I became very frustrated. Now I’m just worried we’re going to be wasting a class that should be a huge lift to the program. I don’t dislike Manning the way I did Bz. But if you rank ACC coaches right now, I’m not happy with where we end up. And I don’t think that’s changing soon.

I’m concerned by the in game coaching and regression of Crawford. I’m even more concerned watching what Crawford does on a regular basis with what seem to be no repercussions. So yeah. Last night, when Moore was absolutely bringing it, I became very frustrated. Now I’m just worried we’re going to be wasting a class that should be a huge lift to the program. I don’t dislike Manning the way I did Bz. But if you rank ACC coaches right now, I’m not happy with where we end up. And I don’t think that’s changing soon.

I don't think there is any coach that is worse once the players are on campus. There probably are worse recruiters.

I don't think there is any coach that is worse once the players are on campus. There probably are worse recruiters.

Right. My position has changed based on what I've seen. If we were playing smart basketball with an obvious disadvantage in talent, I'd live with it and would not be this frustrated.

It doesn't really matter though. Manning will be back next season, and I'm rooting for him to succeed with the guys he's bringing in. I'll be shocked if Crawford is there.

Back