• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacon Club - time to pony up

Deacon Club donations and basketball attendance just doubled overnight. It feels weird to care again.

Is there a benefit to joining if you aren't local and can't make the games?

There’s money available to buy out the contracts of failing coaches and hire good ones. You have to determine how that benefits you.

Would live to see the numbers of how many join the Deacon club in the first month following Danny’s dismissal.
It should be a huge bump.

No. This has been my issue. I stayed in for a few years for bowl tickets but always ended up finding cheaper, better seats not through Wake because I wasn’t a major donor.

Haha, and every year I tell you that that's because you buy tickets for big groups. I always buy for a group of 2-6, and I've always had awesome seats. They are more expensive than stub hub, yeah.

I'll be sending in my money and putting down a deposit on quarter or half season tickets today.

First donation made since the Music City Bowl. Thank you for delivering Mr. Currie.

Texted NazT and will be talking to him today or tomorrow. He said he’s very busy right now.

Fuck no, those SOBs still owe me some money back from the early Bzzaster years. I'm pretty excited about Forbes and it'll be fun to jack off to a press conference, but they've still got to earn it back with some results. This is a good first step, but after the Lost Decade the days of straight enabling are over.

Never withheld my annual contribution. I thought the ship would get righted at some point. I just never thought it would take more than a decade.

Fuck no, those SOBs still owe me some money back from the early Bzzaster years. I'm pretty excited about Forbes and it'll be fun to jack off to a press conference, but they've still got to earn it back with some results. This is a good first step, but after the Lost Decade the days of straight enabling are over.

C'mon man, the war's over. Come out of the jungle and rejoin civilization. Currie has done all he can - canned Manning, not gonna pay him, hired a good coach. Yeah now it's on Forbes to deliver but the Wellman War is finally over.

C'mon man, the war's over. Come out of the jungle and rejoin civilization. Currie has done all he can - canned Manning, not gonna pay him, hired a good coach. Yeah now it's on Forbes to deliver but the Wellman War is finally over.

Like I said, it is a good first step. But they still have a long way to go to make up for the past 10 years.

Texted NazT and will be talking to him today or tomorrow.

tenor.gif

There's always one turd in the punch bowl.

Like wakephan09 I never stopped giving. Time to step it up.

i don't even know the benefits of joining again. last time i was a member i lived 10 minutes from campus and went to all games. no way i can make all home games now

but i didn't just join entry level today.
like others said, i'm sure i'll have to do the same contribution in july. i'm fine with that to care about wake basketball again

My modest donation sent.

If not in dollars, I hope today is a record day in terms of the number of people donating to the cause of better Deacon athletics. That would be a nice FU to the architect of the decade of basketball misery.

Back