• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Debate

I wish I knew more about Huntsman. I will have to do some research.

If Huntsman means what he says, and will get us out of Afghanistan, as a liberal, I would consider voting for him. I mean a decisive plan of exit, not just fluff words.

What was Romney's answer? There is pretty much no intelligible way of getting around his support for socialized medicine during his term as governor, other than claiming "Well I've seen how wrong it is when implemented." In my mind that's a direct implication of his own leadership abilities and reflects worse on his character than supporting the plan and owning up to it does.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr Rough! Rough!

If Huntsman means what he says, and will get us out of Afghanistan, as a liberal, I would consider voting for him. I mean a decisive plan of exit, not just fluff words.

One reason Obama needs to announce a decisive plan to get out of Afghanistan to paint the Republican nominee as pro-war.

King gave him two or three chances. Pawlenty swung and missed.

He answered it fine. King was just being a jackass and trying to instigate a politifight.

King is a much better softball player than newsman.

My take...

Pawlenty...zzzzzzz
Romney...looks good but seems too flip floppy
Bachman...I can't listen to her voice for 4 years
Gingrich...probably would be awesome in a debate but huge load of baggage
Cain...2012's Alan Keyes...entertaining with zero chance
Paul...reminds me of Perot, but I like his libertarian views on social issues
Santorum...no way in hell...Pat Robertson with better hair

Romney is the only one with a chance to beat Obama, but I'm not sure he can survive the primaries before he gets a chance to move back to the center for the general election.

I'm also interested to learn more about Huntsman, and it would be entertaining to see Chrisite and Perry in the race

I think Palin is staying out. Her voice also grates on me.

Wrngor, John McCain's Chief of Staff once said Santorum was "the dumberst person I met in my twenty years working in the Senate."

to be fair, this was from mark salter, who is not necessarily renowned for being a bastion of reasoned observation.

that's not defending Santorum--who was very pleasant in my limited interaction with him--but salter has his demons and enemies.

Santorum and anyone else who's main focus is social issues won't get any traction in '12. The economy, spending, debt, and the solutions to those 3 issues will dominate. I will say that I'm glad that the tea party crowd has for the most part steered clear of the social issues that so easily sidetrack conservative candidates.

Santorum and anyone else who's main focus is social issues won't get any traction in '12. The economy, spending, debt, and the solutions to those 3 issues will dominate. I will say that I'm glad that the tea party crowd has for the most part steered clear of the social issues that so easily sidetrack conservative candidates.

certainly. santorum is filling a niche in the gop primary field. to an extent, i think he's helpful for romney and maybe even pawlenty.

not impossible bachman gains traction in Iowa, and santorum (and maybe Cain?) are useful for diluting her vote a bit.

Mark McKinnon is saying Pawlenty's actions last night is a death blow to his candidacy.

Bring on the secessionist!

I was actually surprised with how much I enjoyed Johnson previously. He doesn't come across as electable and obviously has no chance, but I was impressed that I didn't feel like he was feeding me GOP talking points ala Cain etc.

Santorum is awful and Bachman is only slightly less so.

Is that crazy bitch from Minnesota seriously running for president?

I'm sure this is an easy question and I'm just forgetting some people.

With Pawlenty already in the race and Bachmann declaring her candidacy, when is the last time two former or current state or national elected officials (governor, senator, congressman) who were elected from the same state ran against each other in a presidential primary?

I'm sure this is an easy question and I'm just forgetting some people.

With Pawlenty already in the race and Bachmann declaring her candidacy, when is the last time two former or current state or national elected officials (governor, senator, congressman) who were elected from the same state ran against each other in a presidential primary?

The only legal precendent I can cite is from 1779 when boring ran against insanity...I believe dipshits was the 3rd party.

I love these Dirk hit and run late night posts. It's like following an arch conservative's Twitter feed.

Back