• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do negative fans hurt the basketball program?

I'm wondering if our fans' sustained efforts to destroy Coach [Redacted] will take a long term toll on our basketball program.

We all see what happened when the lunatics at NC State ran off a fine coach in Herb Sendek. Major names in the coaching fraternity responded by denying their best offers, time and time again.

Now, their program has been in the desert for 5 years, and I doubt that their mediocre retread, Mark Gottfried, will turn their program around, no matter how many top recruits he gets.

If we continue to abuse our coaches in public forums, I think we might face the same fate. Neither coaches nor recruits want to face the kind of abuse our "fans" are creating.

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

OK, back to the topic at hand. Jeff [Redacted] is our coach; we need to get behind him and this team. Our support is a much more powerful motivator than our derision.

Last edited:
OK, back to the topic at hand. Jeff [Redacted] is our coach, we need to get behind him and this team. Our support is a much more powerful motivator than our derision.

Can we motivate you to stop posting?

OK, back to the topic at hand. Jeff [Redacted] is our coach, we need to get behind him and this team. Our support is a much more powerful motivator than our derision.

Lol

Well, we lose Bz at this point and we risk losing his recruiting class. We lose this incoming recruiting class and all hope is lost for the foreseeable future. We desperately need this class!

To think they don't is naive and dispalys a shockig lack of knowledge of how things are.

To think they don't is to ignore what THOUSANDS of recurits have sPECIFICALLY said

Like when you said you didn't see why we were the least bit interested in Tyler Cavanaugh? What did Tyler have to say about that?

Well, we lose Bz at this point and we risk losing his recruiting class. We lose this incoming recruiting class and all hope is lost for the foreseeable future. We desperately need this class!

That line of thinking didn't work out too well with Dino and ATT.

I'm wondering if our fans' sustained efforts to destroy Coach [Redacted] will take a long term toll on our basketball program.

We all see what happened when the lunatics at NC State ran off a fine coach in Herb Sendek. Major names in the coaching fraternity responded by denying their best offers, time and time again.

Now, their program has been in the desert for 5 years, and I doubt that their mediocre retread, Mark Gottfried, will turn their program around, no matter how many top recruits he gets.

If we continue to abuse our coaches in public forums, I think we might face the same fate. Neither coaches nor recruits want to face the kind of abuse our "fans" are creating.

Thanks, Rusty, ahem-- i mean blackgold

I need all the support I can get these days

This nightmare scenario would be a de facto death sentence for the basketball program. Pray to whatever you worship that our "fans" don't succeed at pushing Jeff out this year.

Like when you said you didn't see why we were the least bit interested in Tyler Cavanaugh? What did Tyler have to say about that?

fishing-raya-T9377-01.jpg

This nightmare scenario would be a de facto death sentence for the basketball program. Pray to whatever you worship that our "fans" don't succeed at pushing Jeff out this year.

Yeah, we should just wait until this summer to fire him, so the recruits are left in limbo....

I think if we've learned anything over the last few years its that you don't make hiring/firing decisions based on one recruiting class.

Dino was hired to keep ATT, but without a good coach those teams were unable to capitalize to their fullest potential. Dino was fired and Bzz managed to keep Dino's entire class intact, until they departed for other reasons anyways.

sustained effort to do bzz in? seems he is doing just fine on his own.

it was not firing sendek that put their program in the desert for 5 years. it was hiring an incompetent coach with a poor resume that did them in. sound familiar?

Back