• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do negative fans hurt the basketball program?

Bz said today on David Glenn's show he knows fans are pissed at him, but that's a good thing because it shows passion and is a motivator.

Doesn't mean jack-shit-anything, but I wanted to post that somewhere.

negative criticism isn't good but it's not bad.

funny-pictures-cats-see-what-you-did.jpg

I don't get why so people people seem adamant in claiming that having a bzzout thread on page 1 for the better of two years has no negative impact. Isn't the guy we're bashing right? :noidea:

I don't get why so people people seem adamant in claiming that having a bzzout thread on page 1 for the better of two years has no negative impact. Isn't the guy we're bashing right? :noidea:

You really channeled RJ in that post. IP glitch?

I for one hope we succeed in running his ass out of town. That is the point of all this.. is it not?

For the good of the program, Buzz needs to go.

The problem is that I care less and less each week about Wake hoops. Kent summed it up nicely earlier in this thread.

No.

The misguided loyalty that allows a journeyman coach no one ever heard of before he was hired to become the proxy for the basketball program does.

As does apathy.

Without getting into Buzz's merits....

I am intrigued by the amount of effort some devote to defending him. His defense has become, intentionally or not, more of a focus than the state of the program as a whole. That is very odd, and I wish I knew more about the social and affinity dynamics behind this. I suspect they are not limited to this example.

Imagine for a moment that we had hired the hottest coach in the world. Coach Awesome. I would have been really happy about that. Imagine that coach Awesome then had a horrible record and came across as overwhelmed and prickly. I don't think I'd spend one minute defending the guy. I think I'd be unhappy that we were losing to Southern Conference teams. I want WFU win. I don't care about the coach. He is just a steward for the thing I (historically) care about.

Regardless of who coaches WFU basketball and regardless of who is on the roster, the current situation, overall and game to game, is absurd and should make anyone angry.

When you feel anger is pointless, you become apathetic.

That's why I don't care all that much about WFU basketball at the moment.

Posrep. Brilliant description of what I think a lot of us are feeling.

I'm wondering if our fans' sustained efforts to destroy Coach [Redacted] will take a long term toll on our basketball program.

We all see what happened when the lunatics at NC State ran off a fine coach in Herb Sendek.

I stopped reading at this point.

Posrep. Brilliant description of what I think a lot of us are feeling.

I don't foresee things ending well if you succeed in running this guy off or if every game is a referendum. The roster is gutted and everybody knew coming in to 2012 that the team would be mediocre at best.

The pre-season punditry had WF finishing where? Last? One step up from BC? Whatever it was we all expected to be better than 2011 yet still far from a solid basketball team.

You have to give him a chance to bring in a class and set up shop with his guys.

Actually the fun part about being a fan that doesn't make decisions that impact this program is we don't have to do anything. While I agree he should be given the chance to bring in next year's class, that doesn't mean anybody on here has to give him a chance to do so. The only people that have to give him that chance are the ones that control his future at Wake and that isn't anybody on this board

If you don't think all this negativity isn't used against us in recruiting, then you need to check yourself into Betty Ford.

Because Wake is the only school in America whose fans post critical shit on the internet.

Because Wake is the only school in America whose fans post critical shit on the internet.

If you don't think our boards being 75+% negative about any sport isn't unusual then you are simply rationalizing.

Because you do shit just because everybody else does...

Horse shit. I said it because its true (well, I was being sarcastic, but the sentiment behind it is true). Do you or.don't you think Wake is the only school in America with negative postings by fans on the internet? Not that I expect an answer, because you've perfected the art of the non-answer.

Horse shit. I said it because its true (well, I was being sarcastic, but the sentiment behind it is true). Do you or.don't you think Wake is the only school in America with negative postings by fans on the internet? Not that I expect an answer, because you've perfected the art of the non-answer.

I'm sorry that I offended you on an internet message board...I was under the impression that what was said out here did not actually affect people.

Back