• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you eat alone with the opposite sex?

Lunch?

• Of course

Votes: 77 90.6%
  • Yes, but my SO would not like it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I stand with Mike Pence

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Doofus only eats with Numbers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DistrictDeacon

Reaction score
Simple question - will you have a 1-on-1 meal with a member of the opposite sex who isn't your significant other?

yes, though it's extremely infrequent

wife does more often

usually work related

Of course. Had lunch with a male coworker yesterday, and had dinner with a male friend over the weekend- not dating either one of 'em.

The fact that a politician wouldn't feel comfortable meeting with a female coworker or having a drink with a male counterpart while they discuss policy is weird af.

Last edited:
The fact that a politician wouldn't feel comfortable meeting with a female coworker or having a drink with a male counterpart while they discuss policy is weird af.

Worked for Bill Clinton, right?
And Clarence Thomas, if a Coke counts as a "drink".

Worked for Bill Clinton, right?
And Clarence Thomas, if a Coke counts as a "drink".

So you're taking the stance that members of the opposite sex should not be allowed to meet with each other 1 on 1? Bold strategy...

I guess there is the possibility that Pence knows he couldn't control himself and he would just have to get some. Or maybe that he would get completely smashed if his wife isn't there to hold him back. If you want to take up that banner, I'd support you.

Last edited:
Only for work if it's at a commerce club or some location that is a known business lunch location. Downtown Tampa, especially South Tampa, is gossipy AF. Honestly I would rather live in a bigger or smaller city. Tampa is the worst of both and I hate it....especially in the summer when it's 97 degrees with 87% humidity.

So you're taking the stance that members of the opposite sex should not be allowed to meet with each other 1 on 1? Bold strategy...

I guess there is the possibility that Pence knows he couldn't control himself and he would just have to get some. Or maybe that he would get completely smashed if his wife isn't there to hold him back.

Plenty of corporate environments have that policy.

Plenty, ok? Plenty. Just like his n=1 anecdotes about women quitting on him.

I have dinner with my attached lady friends all the time. I think they like to be seen out with me since I'm a lot studlier than their dudes. That or they need some weed. Got a bite in Durham with an old Deac friend just the other day, good times, no butt, no funny business, just two pals enjoying a convo over some tapas and booze.

Back