• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you have a tattoo?

Do you have a tattoo?

• Total voters
I have two

1) the word "Unless" written in Cherokee phonetics - I got it when I was 20 - kind of dumb tattoo, but I still like the meaning and glad I have it, just probably wouldn't have done the Cherokee

2) and this on my right calf:
2vdjk3o.jpg

That's nice - where'd you get that done?

Did you have issues with the white fading and/or being more painful?

It's faded a little bit, but not to the point that it looks terrible. It actually just kind of looks like a scar; I've had people ask me if I did it myself (um, no).
As for it being more painful, I think they say white is more painful because they need to go over things more to saturate them; this is a pretty delicate line so that wasn't an issue. That said, it was a tattoo right down the tendon of my big toe on top of my foot. It hurt like hell. Color had anything to do with that; it was going to hurt regardless.

ELC needs a tat of a Hooters waitress flipping double birds while engaging in a stand-up 69 with an AIDS-ridden Chucky Heston with several big fart clouds coming out of his butt forming the words, "FUCK YOU."

Never felt the need to have a tat.

I tell my kids not to get them because it will be considered cool not to have one in the near future as so many kids are getting them today.

Saw a chick in her 50's at Food Lion today wearing a tank top with a tat on her upper chest and one on her shoulder; nasty.
While she probably got hers last year at Myrtle Beach Bike Week and thinks it looks great, I can't imagine anyone in this board who won't regret a visible tat when you're anywhere near her age.

When you and every teenage girl have a tat, then it's played out.

I plan on getting a "Livestrong" at some point this summer, but do not have one right now.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/tattoo-statistics/

Tattoo Statistics
Annual amount of U.S. spending on tattoos $1.65 Billion
Total percent of Americans (all ages) who have at least one tattoo 14 %
Percentage of U.S. adults 18 – 25 who have at least one tattoo 36 %
Percentage of U.S. adults 26 – 40 who have at least one tattoo 40 %
Total number of Americans that have at least one tattoo 45 million
Number of tattoo parlors in the U.S. 21,000
Average cost of a small tattoo $ 45
Average cost of a large tattoo $150 / hour
Percentage of U.S. population who have covered up a tattoo with another tattoo 5 %
Percentage of people with tattoos who claim they are addicted to ink 32 %
Percentage of people who have some regret after getting their tattoo 17 %
Percentage of people with a tattoo who are getting or have had one removed 11 %
Factors Considered When Getting A Tattoo
Percentage of people with tattoos who think the reputation of tattoo artist or tattoo studio is the most important factor 49 %
Percentage of people with tattoos who think price is the most important factor 8 %
Percentage of people with tattoos who think a tattoo with a personal meaning is the most important factor 43 %
How People Feel About Their Tattoo
Total percentage of people with tattoos who say their tattoo makes them feel rebellious 29 %
Percentage of people with a tattoo that say it makes them feel more sexy 31 %
Percentage of people with tattoos who say their tattoo makes them feel more intelligent 5 %

Back