• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

28 percent of Republicans now favor impeachment from a new poll this morning. That’s interesting. I’m surprised it’s gotten into double digits given their resounding overall approval of Donald per polling.

I'm guessing a few of those are going for the "impeachment will make Trump stronger" but the 18% for removal means it's not a majority.

The poll numbers definitely support the idea that Democrats need to actually lead and poll numbers will follow instead of following the poll numbers. Democrats are an unruly big tent, but I think they will follow strong leadership. Not authoritarian leadership, but leadership who set an agenda and aggressively follow it.

Maybe I'm crazy here and of course it's all #feelings (anyone that can confirm or contradict this, feel free) but the last election was really fucking close and it's clear that there is more slack to pick up on enthusiasm for the dems and I expect them to tighten up this slack. Because regardless of who the nominee is, there is no way anyone that is not a member of Cult 45 can look at this election and parse intraparty policy preferences among the primary candidates and decide to stay home if their favored candidate doesn't get the nod. First and foremost get this fucking lunatic out of the WH.

If I'm wrong about that (and I very well may be) we are so fucked beyond belief.

These motherfuckers

All they need is for the Trump Court to ignore precedent to make this happen.

No way the judge sides with Donald there. Absolutely zero chance.

Pelosi needs to call impeachment vote ASAP. This is always going to be spun by the right as a partisan witch hunt and we aren’t going to learn anything else major through the “information gathering” portion on the House side because the right will stonewall and intentionally delay by taking the fight to court. The GOP would’ve already impeached. Grow a fucking spine and do something politically savvy for once in your lives democrats.

I honestly don't believe in the "no way the judge..." legal takes anymore. Normalcy is dead

No way the judge sides with Donald there. Absolutely zero chance.

Pelosi needs to call impeachment vote ASAP. This is always going to be spun by the right as a partisan witch hunt and we aren’t going to learn anything else major through the “information gathering” portion on the House side because the right will stonewall and intentionally delay by taking the fight to court. The GOP would’ve already impeached. Grow a fucking spine and do something politically savvy for once in your lives democrats.

I'm going to disagree re: impeachment vote. I want them to do this by the book and call every possible witness they can, and let the GOP publicly establish their outright defiant obstruction of the process. Then tack that onto the articles of impeachment and vote.

How long will that take? Knowing the democrats they’ll wait for the legal process to play out.

And FWIW the judge’s take on that request was “wow okay.” Also I’m not sure that we’ve seen any deviations from the norm at the trial court level so far have we? Mostly by the book evidentiary rulings that then get appealed. Definitely different than upper level appellate courts and the SCOTUS.

I'm going to disagree re: impeachment vote. I want them to do this by the book and call every possible witness they can, and let the GOP publicly establish their outright defiant obstruction of the process. Then tack that onto the articles of impeachment and vote.

Agree. They’ll continue to stonewall and Dems can continue to ask what they are hiding and public sentiment will continue to move toward impeachment. It also gives media and investigators more time to take what we learn about this election scandal and learn more about the 2016 election scandal.

Maybe I'm crazy here and of course it's all #feelings (anyone that can confirm or contradict this, feel free) but the last election was really fucking close and it's clear that there is more slack to pick up on enthusiasm for the dems and I expect them to tighten up this slack. Because regardless of who the nominee is, there is no way anyone that is not a member of Cult 45 can look at this election and parse intraparty policy preferences among the primary candidates and decide to stay home if their favored candidate doesn't get the nod. First and foremost get this fucking lunatic out of the WH.

If I'm wrong about that (and I very well may be) we are so fucked beyond belief.

The problem isn’t independents. It’s that “troubled” pubs won’t necessarily vote for trump, but they sure as hell won’t vote for his opponent. They will pat themselves on the back for writing in Mitt, Jim Mattis, Tom Hanks, or whoever else.

And lazy ass Democrats won’t actually vote. The old balls rubes will turn out and win again.

We consistently underestimate the stupidity of a large part of the American populace. 1.) Ain't nothin gonna happen. 2.) Dipshits will continue to breed dipshits, and pass down their same dipshit ideaology, and these dipshits will continue to vote in the same dipshit way.

The optimism around all this is mindboggling to me.

I get this but it's gotten so bad in the GOP, and battleground elections are decided by slim margins dominated by so-called independents and moderates, all you need a few percentage point swing. This is a miscalculation by the GOP that will hurt them for a generation as independents vote out the fuckwit and moderates side with Dems on healthcare and guns and olds die off or stay home.

But yes there will always be rubes.

How long will that take? Knowing the democrats they’ll wait for the legal process to play out.

And FWIW the judge’s take on that request was “wow okay.” Also I’m not sure that we’ve seen any deviations from the norm at the trial court level so far have we? Mostly by the book evidentiary rulings that then get appealed. Definitely different than upper level appellate courts and the SCOTUS.

They seem to be moving much faster with subpoenas and moving for depositions. They have to collect some type of concrete evidence before the "indict" so to speak. Or at least put the admin in a position where they've totally obstructed legitimate requests for documents and testimony.

Wish there was a gif of Quincy Maddox eating popcorn. That’s perfect for that 18% of Republicans poll.

There's one now.

Hold Sondland in contempt, drag him to jail, and add another article of impeachment for obstruction.

What of the fox take that he should have more time than a couple days to prepare before going in front of Congress?

Back