• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duck Dynasty

Revdeac, please explain all my errors in the other post about Jesus fulfilling the law, The US being founded on religious freedom AMONG OTHER THINGS and believing the bible 100%. I have got all night.

I don't have all night, and it would take more than that to go through it all. If it's a serious request - check out some NT Wright, Marcus Borg, Samuel Wells, Stanley Hauerwas, Will Willimon, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Revdeac, please explain all my errors in the other post about Jesus fulfilling the law, The US being founded on religious freedom AMONG OTHER THINGS and believing the bible 100%. I have got all night.

can you be gay and moral?

Is it OK for a loving gay couple to get married and have a family?

There's never been a Jew who looked like that.

"Why hast RJ forsaken me?"

gabe20kapler.jpg

-another ripped jew who's good with the lumber

Reactions: BDL
what a dumb thing to say. I don't agree with Phil, but from a biblical standpoint he's not necessarily wrong... and if you read the whole article, he actually expressed his opinion about as uncontroversially as possible. He thinks that's wrong, he also thinks it's wrong to oggle your friend's wife. Basically 'let he who has not sinned cast the first stone.' Again, I don't agree with him... but in this instance/context it's really not bigotry.

you beat me to this thread!!!

Revdeac, I just watched a 30 minute interview on WRAL with Samuel Wells on his opinion of gay marriage. He basically said he is ok with it and the NC ammendment would just alienate people. He also said gay marriage poses no danger to the sanctity of marriage. I am not trying to antagonize and i am honestly curious. If he believes the bible and what God says about homosexuality, how does he have this viewpoint and not question his belief in a religion that has opposing views to his own. Not trying to question the man personally, just curious to how people mesh these two opposing viewpoints?

Revdeac, I just watched a 30 minute interview on WRAL with Samuel Wells on his opinion of gay marriage. He basically said he is ok with it and the NC ammendment would just alienate people. He also said gay marriage poses no danger to the sanctity of marriage. I am not trying to antagonize and i am honestly curious. If he believes the bible and what God says about homosexuality, how does he have this viewpoint and not question his belief in a religion that has opposing views to his own. Not trying to question the man personally, just curious to how people mesh these two opposing viewpoints?

Do you want the government to outlaw everything that your interpretation of your religion says is sinful?

Also, can you explain how you think gay marriage actually does pose a danger to the sanctity of your marriage? Specifically, the sanctity of yours or my marriage? How would gay people being able to get married specifically affect a straight person's marriage?

Last edited:

What danger does gay marriage pose to the sanctity of marriage? Should divorce be legal?

If Aaron Rogers is gay then I'm okay with it. Just surprising he is. But I'm okay with it and still like the dude.

I quoted Sam Wells saying gay marriage poses no threat to marriage, I wasnt arguing that it did. And know I dont want the government to outlaw everything my idea of religion thinks is sinful. I was honestly asking Revdeac how someone like Sam Wells, who I assume believes what the bible has to say, reads someting in it that opposes what he said he believes in the interview. Again Revdeac, I am honestly trying to be open-minded about this, I am smart enough to listen to people who have more insight than I do. I assume you meant we don't really know what God says about homosexuality, is that correct?

I quoted Sam Wells saying gay marriage poses no threat to marriage, I wasnt arguing that it did. And know I dont want the government to outlaw everything my idea of religion thinks is sinful. I was honestly asking Revdeac how someone like Sam Wells, who I assume believes what the bible has to say, reads someting in it that opposes what he said he believes in the interview. Again Revdeac, I am honestly trying to be open-minded about this, I am smart enough to listen to people who have more insight than I do. I assume you meant we don't really know what God says about homosexuality, is that correct?

Does the Bible say that the government shouldn't allow gay marriage?

I'm open to a discussion, didn’t seem like you were serious at first. Tomorrow will work on a fuller response when I'm at a computer.

sent from my Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

I'm open to a discussion, didn’t seem like you were serious at first. Tomorrow will work on a fuller response when I'm at a computer.

sent from my Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

The Galaxy Note II is BASICALLY a real computer

Thanks Revdeac, I am always open to discuss a topic with someone with more insight than me. BeachBum, no the bible doesnt say anything about the government not allowing gay marriage. I am not explaining my thoughts well enough. I was under the assumption that the bible is against homosexuality, therefore wouldnt a priest whom i assume believes the bible, be against homosexuality as well. (and also be against gay marriage)

Thanks Revdeac, I am always open to discuss a topic with someone with more insight than me. BeachBum, no the bible doesnt say anything about the government not allowing gay marriage. I am not explaining my thoughts well enough. I was under the assumption that the bible is against homosexuality, therefore wouldnt a priest whom i assume believes the bible, be against homosexuality as well. (and also be against gay marriage)

Why does being against homosexuality mean you have to be against gay marriage?

Are you also against marriage for people who puts another god ahead of your God? I mean, that's the second Commandment, so it's pretty important. But do you think the government should say that those people can't get married?

BeachBum, I am speaking hypothetically. I dont care who anyone marries, doesnt affect me in the least. For the tenth time, most people against homosexuals are against homosexual marriage. The Bible speaks against homosexuality. Therefore, I was wondering if it put a priest or pastor at odds with the bible to be okay with homosexuality and how they would handle that disconnect between the bible and what they believe. I am not saying I am right about anything, just wanting Revdeacs opinion on the matter.

BeachBum, I am speaking hypothetically. I dont care who anyone marries, doesnt affect me in the least. For the tenth time, most people against homosexuals are against homosexual marriage. The Bible speaks against homosexuality. Therefore, I was wondering if it put a priest or pastor at odds with the bible to be okay with homosexuality and how they would handle that disconnect between the bible and what they believe. I am not saying I am right about anything, just wanting Revdeacs opinion on the matter.

If you don't care who anyone marries, then why is it confusing why a priest would be OK with gay marriage?

Your interpretation of The Bible says that. There are many Christians sects and theologians who don't believe this is so. They aren't as loud as the ones who do.

Back