• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duck Dynasty

The highlight of my week at the Masters was seeing Willie walking around the course on two different occasions. Saw him walking up the right side of #1 early in the day and then he was right behind the 18th green after the first playoff hole; he was by himself both times, but I didn't get a chance to speak to him. Wanted to see if he had scouted Rae's Creek for Jase yet. Best part is he was walking around Augusta National in flops & socks.

Holy shit this show is great. Ducks is a lot like women, in that they don't like mud (dramatic pause) on their butts.

:rofl:

I never judge a guy by the size of his duck call.

Omg. They bought a winery. That has disaster written on it.

Willie on this show is incontrovertible evidence that money can buy a beautiful wife.

i was introduced to this show today and my life is better for it.

i was introduced to this show today and my life is better for it.

Same. Due to conflicting shows, the marathon allowed me to catch it for the first time. That is such a dysfunctional family, but damn they can make some calls.

dysfunctional, but at the same time they really are one of the more ...functional families on TV. they love each other, they're just crazier than poo. i about wet myself watching try to vacuum bees. oh, and godwin getting skunked; that was hysterical.

dysfunctional, but at the same time they really are one of the more ...functional families on TV. they love each other, they're just crazier than poo. i about wet myself watching try to vacuum bees. oh, and godwin getting skunked; that was hysterical.

That episode was amazing! I'm looking forward to this weeks episode.

Willie on this show is incontrovertible evidence that money can buy a beautiful wife.

+1 on both of these comments. I saw the career day/frog hunting ep with my dad for the first time last week, and it was freakin hilarious. We couldn't figure out how Willie and Korie are married either. Korie doesn't even look like she fits in in the swamps of Louisiana. But they do seem to have a good relationship. Def a crazy family but at the end of the day they appreciate and love each other despite everything.

We also were wondering how they became so successful. Why did they need to test out the duck calls to see if they worked when they had already successfully sold so many? We figured we must be missing something there, and that maybe they made the money another way and then started with the duck call business.

Pretty awesome show though.

We also were wondering how they became so successful. Why did they need to test out the duck calls to see if they worked when they had already successfully sold so many? We figured we must be missing something there, and that maybe they made the money another way and then started with the duck call business.

As a high-school athlete, Phil was All-State in football, baseball, and track which afforded him the opportunity to attend Louisiana Tech University on a football scholarship. There he played first string quarterback ahead of Terry Bradshaw. Phil's been quoted as saying "Terry went for the bucks, and I chased after the ducks." After receiving his Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education and a Master's in Education, he spent several years teaching. While his students claim he was an excellent teacher, spending time in a classroom brought Phil to the conclusion that his time and talents would be better spent in the woods.

Phil and his family, which by this time included wife Kay, and four boys, Alan, Jase, Willie, and Jeptha began a quest to turn his passion for hunting and fishing into a livelihood.

Never satisfied with the duck calls that were on the market, Phil began to experiment with making a call that would produce the exact sound of a duck. A duck call for duck killers, not "world champion-style duck callers." Claiming, "No duck would even place in a duck calling contest." And so, in 1972, the first Duck Commander call was born. Phil received a patent for this call and the Duck Commander Company was incorporated in 1973.

http://www.duckcommander.com/duckmen/profile/3/phil_robertson.aspx

Since 1973, Duck Commander Products, which now include much more than just duck calls, have been sold in all fifty states and in several countries. Not long after the success of the calls, Phil began a series of videos that developed a worldwide fan-base of fellow duck hunters. The Duckmen videos revolutionized duck hunting with there rock-n-roll, "in yo face" style, and are the leading authority in the industry. His calls and techniques are helping others bring the ducks right into their blinds, and the Duck Commander faithful swear by the deadly effects of the Duck Commander.

Crazy. So I guess they needed to test out a new version or something in the episode where they were turning the loading dock into a duck pond? Jase made a comment that it would be nice to know if the things even work before they sell them.

Just goes to show how random million-dollar ideas are... hand-making duck calls in the swamps of LA. So awesome.

Crazy. So I guess they needed to test out a new version or something in the episode where they were turning the loading dock into a duck pond? Jase made a comment that it would be nice to know if the things even work before they sell them.

Just goes to show how random million-dollar ideas are... hand-making duck calls in the swamps of LA. So awesome.

I think it was more of a stunt for the show. They know they work.

Willie married Korie a year after high school, FWIW. Whether or not he's always had the beard and crazy hair, I couldn't tell you.

They have also expanded their business by creating Deer Commander. They have a few celebrities endorsing Deer Commander.

Today's was probably one of the best episodes of the season.

Back