• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson suspended for comments about gays

lol so now we've gone from "the board's broad intolerance of christians" to the post(s) of one of the most acerbic pseudo-trolling posters
"the board's broad intolerance of christians"
rjkarl tactic of making up quotes

Nah, anyone who talks openly about their faith is mocked mercilessly. RevDeac got attacked for not wanting tonparticipate in the commercialization of Christmas- like he was a commie or something. It happens. Of course people get attacked for all sorts of things. I accept that's the way it is, but I think some of the Christian hate on here is a bit ridiculous, and I say that as an agnostic who is not a fan of religion at all.

"the board's broad intolerance of christians"
rjkarl tactic of making up quotes

I think "broad intolerance of Christians" is a reasonable reading of "Anyone who talks openly about their faith is mercilessly mocked"

Although I never watched Duck Dynasty, I was tired of hearing about it. Now that the shows suspended, I'm happier than a queer eating a corndog.

Go back to the thread and check out the tags but also the post by TheTwinAndreBen. That's one post that really stands out and most would consider over the line- though I have to admit I tend to like that guy.

These kinds of "attacks" happen on pretty much every thread. That's not a symptom of broad intolerance for Christians on the boards. What's the ratio of homophobic tags to anti-Christian tags here? 10 to 1? 100 to 1?

For someone who's big on decorum, you sure bust into attack mode an awful lot.

For someone who's big on decorum, you sure bust into attack mode an awful lot.
Why do you think I'm big on decorum? And it wasn't really meant as an attack, not even a provocation, I actually tend to like and agree with most of the atheist posters on here. It was merely meant as an observation. That some people flipped out, oh well.

I think "broad intolerance of Christians" is a reasonable reading of "Anyone who talks openly about their faith is mercilessly mocked"

If someone started a thread about their personal relationship with Jesus how do you think things on that thread would turn out for them? Be honest.

oh hai! BSF's bringing me back again!

Straw-man3.jpg

If someone started a thread about their personal relationship with Jesus how do you think things on that thread would turn out for them? Be honest.

Lots of people talk openly about their faith on the religious threads and they aren't mercilessly mocked like you claimed they were.

If someone started a thread like that, I think there would be some ridiculous tags, some trolling posts by Moonz/Milhouse/TAB, and everybody else would just say "why couldn't this go on one of the religious threads we have all the time"

Lots of people talk openly about their faith on the religious threads and they aren't mercilessly mocked like you claimed they were.

If someone started a thread like that, I think there would be some ridiculous tags, some trolling posts by Moonz/Milhouse/TAB, and everybody else would just say "why couldn't this go on one of the religious threads we have all the time"
I think the mocking of that person, especially given that scenario, would be pretty merciless. And I'd be disappointed if Milhouse didn't get in a one liner. I guess I don't really have a problem with the mocking, at least when it's funny. In fact, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it even when it's not funny.

put your jesus where your mouth is and start a thread about your relationship

Thread title: Want to talk about my long term relationship with...
merciful-jesus.jpg

That's right, I've never been all that religious but I recently started attending Cavalry Baptist on the invitation of a friend and I just want you guys to know that it's been the best experience of my life. I finally feel like I belong. I've developed a personal relationship with Jesus that is stronger than I could've ever imagined. He has opened doors for me and that you would not believe. I have no doubt that it is through Him that these opportunities now exist in my life. It's a wonderful feeling to finally be saved and know I will one day get to see Him when the trumpets blare. Hallelujah!

If I were to post that you know the tags and mocking would be merciless. I'm tempted to do it but most people over on the Pit probably know I'm not religious.

Back