• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

duke Game Thread (Thursday, 7:30, ESPN)

Clawson got us to new heights. But he’s piledriving us into oblivion.
I’ve been on his side the whole time. But this is just indefensible.
I expect to be outplayed and outcoached every game

If that is not the last we see of Griffis (absent emergency from injury), maybe this season is the last we should see of Clawson.

I like Clawson, but this is comically obvious and certainly runs the risk of losing the team, which has serious implications for seasons to come.

Go wildcat, go with mooch, go option, anything. Just try anything different. Please.
Clawson is losing the team little by little. Wrs and Captains want change however he’s not listening

Currie needs to tell Clawson no more Griffis and if the dumb play continues then you are done. I believe Griffis is trying his best but he lacks the size, skill, and speed to play at this level. Clawson should not put him out there. He obviously is too stupid or stubborn so Currie must step in

Mitch Griffis can not play QB for us anymore. He probably played about as well as he’s capable tonight and he still cost us the game. I wish the kid the best, but if time for him to ride the pine and transfer to a DII or somewhere.

It’s stupid to be saying Clawson should be fired at this point, it’s completely legitimate to have some serious questions about why he’s been so wrong on this Quarterback. It’s not even Mitch’s fault, he’s not capable.
Completely agree.

Clawson's record at Wake versus ACC opponents (as of 11/2/2023)
Notre Dame (0 - 3)
Clemson (0 - 10)
Pittsburgh (1 - 2)
Miami (0 - 0)
Georgia Tech (0 - 2)
Boston College (5 - 3)
Duke (4 - 5)
Florida State (3 - 6)
NC State (4 - 5)
Syracuse (5 - 4)
North Carolina (1 - 4)
Virginia (3-0)
Virginia Tech (2 - 2)
Louisville (3 - 6)

Clawson's overall record at Wake versus ACC opponents (as of 11/2/2023)
31 - 52
ACC Win % = 37%
ACC Loss % = 63%

Last edited:
Well, it was a pretty balanced loss. Mitch let us down with absurd turnovers, the kicker let us down with those two missed field goals, and the defense left us down with not being able to stop the run in the second quarter and those idiotic penalties at the end.

Back