• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke vs. North Carolina

I'm pulling for...

• Total voters
Are you trying to say you can't pull for this group of 007s...

2012-poster-L.jpg

Wow! Downtown Durham sure has grown since I went through there last week! :)

i hate duke, but i hate unc so much more. its not about the players or coaches for me. its all about the moron ass-hat unc fans. i'm not saying all unc fans are bad, i am friends with several, but the majority makes the whole group unbearable. i can never hope for anything other than misery for the holes

i hate duke, but i hate unc so much more. its not about the players or coaches for me. its all about the moron ass-hat unc fans. i'm not saying all unc fans are bad, i am friends with several, but the majority makes the whole group unbearable. i can never hope for anything other than misery for the holes

Luckily I am no longer in NC, so my opinions are probably skewed.

'90 grad.

Pre 1994/95 - Duke
Now - UNC

Unfortunately, Mrs. BB&G bleeds light blue, so I would get kicked out of the house. Once a year is enough for that.

I don't care. I hate them both. But, I usually hope that whichever of them wins does so in a way that makes the losers feel they were cheated out of a the win.

Humanity is +616.5 going into this game. Would be worse but we get home court advantage for them playing outside the pits of hell (but only just).

They are saying that on a Wake board, those people who grew up in NC and are Wake fans are going to hate UNC more than they hate Duke because we grew up around Tarhole fans. Therefore, the NC fans on here will pull for Duke.

The non NC fans grew up hating Duke like the rest of the country does and only started hating UNC once they were at Wake. Therefore they will pull for UNC to beat Duke.

This is true. I literally knew one Duke fan growing up in Winston. I knew SO many UNC "fans". Of course the vast majority of this type would be the ones who would hear at school UNC won and then say stuff like "HOW ABOUT MY HEELS". In other words Wake State and Duke have a negative bandwagon following from my experience in North Carolina.

Rooting for the road team, that way the most people go home sad.

Hate them. Hate them. Hate them both equally, although my plumlee hate is more than my zeller hate.

I will not watch for fear of my eyes & skin melting.

But, if I had a gun to my head and HAD to choose, I choose dook to win @ the nose dome and unc to win @ hogwarts castle.

DUKE. They win games based off of talent much more so than stupid shit ref calls. Yeah, there's sometimes still bias, but all I see Carolina do is fall over all the fucking time. They should all be theater majors, because they win games based off of their acting/diving skills.

Are you trying to say you can't pull for this group of 007s...

2012-poster-L.jpg

This picture makes me laugh so hard.

1. Is Josh Hairston Sheldon Williams long lost son?

2. I see they removed the bolts from Mason Plumlee's neck for this photo.

3. No matter what how hard they try to dress him up, Ryan Kelly is still, hands down, the ugliest guy on the planet. He looks like he has bad breath.

I will never hate K just for the fact he beat that smug, SOB Dean Smith! In my 44 years living in NC, Wake, State and Duke fans all hated the Tarholes the most. GO TO HELL CAROLINA

This picture makes me laugh so hard.

3. No matter what how hard they try to dress him up, Ryan Kelly is still, hands down, the ugliest guy on the planet. He looks like he has bad breath.

Is it the poop tooth?

ryankelly1_1200.jpg

Teach a young child to hate Carolina.

Anyone who is from NC and older than forty could not possibly pick UNC. Youngsters and aliens may not have the perspective we do.

In 1975 the Soviets played a pre-Olympics exhibition with several college teams, including the one from Whiskey Hill, and I went to that game with a hammer and sickle.

ABC, baby.

Back