• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke vs. North Carolina

I'm pulling for...

• Total voters
Neither one bothers me anymore. We have more things to worry about with our own teams than what I need to worry about Duke or UNC-Ch

I could go for a "down" Duke year. UNC just had one 2 years ago and could very well have another one next year.

Definitely pulling for Duke. I know a grand total of three Duke fans, so no problem there. I generally don't watch much college BB during the regular season other than Wake, so don't have to put up with K or Dickie V. But the state of NC from mountains to coast is a bandwagon Hole haven; no escaping it at work, shopping, church, you name it. For example, I have a rural drive of about 15 miles to/from work. If I'm bored sometimes I play a game to see how many cars coming in the opposite direction with a UNC plate or decal I can "vaporize" with my Heat-Seeking Hole Hating Headlights, or an alternate game is to see if I can go 10 cars in a row w/o one of them having Hole stuff on it. We live down East, and it's pretty bad to see the local municipal govt. service trucks with Hole license plates on the front bumper.
So yeah, Dark Blue all the way for me.

As much as I hate the Goats, it is physically impossible for me to root for Duke. I've tried over the years to remain impartial, but I just can't. FUCK DOOK.

I am a ABD guy-- just cannot stand all the calls, flops and bush league stuff that comes out of Duke. I would root for the Iranian team over Duke...

My general vote in these games is to root for the underdog or the away team if they're pretty evenly matched. I find the media's love affair, particuarly ESPN, with Duke to be annoying. Everytime Cowherd mentions Duke on the radio I think he's about to wet his pants with joy. On the flip side, living in North Carolina my whole life, I find UNC fans to be the worst and while I used to actually respect Roy, that's all passed the last few years. I never liked Dean Smith.

It sounds like the general choice is which you hate more.... UNC's fans or Duke's players.

You don't have to come in contact with Duke players. For those of you living in NC, you have to deal with tarhole fans day in and day out. When I first started at Wake I DESPISED Duke. By the time I graduated 4 years later I developed a hatred for Carolina that definitely outweighs my hatred for Duke. Just dealing with their asshole fans every day was enough to sway me...and that was just being there for parts of 4 years.

You don't have to come in contact with Duke players. For those of you living in NC, you have to deal with tarhole fans day in and day out. When I first started at Wake I DESPISED Duke. By the time I graduated 4 years later I developed a hatred for Carolina that definitely outweighs my hatred for Duke. Just dealing with their asshole fans every day was enough to sway me...and that was just being there for parts of 4 years.

Right. I guess since leaving NC, I hate Duke more now because of their players. I really have a hard time hating Barnes like I hate the Plumblee brothers.

And Kelly. And Rivers. And Dawkins. And pretty much all of them.

Dawkins I am indifferent. I hate Kelly and Rivers just seems smug like the rest of the Duke players. The only UNC player that comes off kinda douchy is Zeller, but I hear he isn't that bad of a guy and really smart.

While I was at Duke I hated Duke the most. By far. Now that I have graduated and am back out of that bubble and around UNC fans all the time it is definitely UNC.

DUKE. They win games based off of talent much more so than stupid shit ref calls. Yeah, there's sometimes still bias, but all I see Carolina do is fall over all the fucking time. They should all be theater majors, because they win games based off of their acting/diving skills.

Have you ever seen a Duke game?

Back