• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke vs. North Carolina

I'm pulling for...

• Total voters
And Kelly. And Rivers. And Dawkins. And pretty much all of them.

and to counter that..

Carolina has Henson, Barnes and Bullock. While Zeller is probably a good guy, I hate how he plays. He's probably the biggest flopper in Carolina history and that's saying something.

and to counter that..

Carolina has Henson, Barnes and Bullock. While Zeller is probably a good guy, I hate how he plays. He's probably the biggest flopper in Carolina history and that's saying something.
Henson is the only one that particularly bothers me. All the smug douchiness that resonates off of Plumlee, Kelly and Rivers is way worse than Barnes, Bullock and Zeller to me.

422647_10100559171143368_2727576_53017313_720133551_n.jpg

A lot of people hated you and your stupid fucking pregame break dancing Danny Green. I was hoping you would blow your knee out everytime you did it.

Oh and you look like a fucking giraffe.

Which team winning gives us a better chance at making the NCAAs?

I remember when that was a legitimate option.

Age is a factor here too. If you went to Wake during the time that we dominated Duke, you probably hate UNC more. If you went to Wake when we dominated UNC, you probably hate Duke more. Looks like the older posters from what I know are rooting for Duke and posters who went to Wake during the Gut/Doh years are rooting for UNC.

Last edited:
This should be a no brainer for all of us.

UNC and Florida State are tied for the lead at 7-1. If UNC loses tonight, FSU will be on top by themselves. They then have BC, Miami, VT, NC State, Duke, Miami again, Virginia and Clemson. If they are lucky enough to win all of them, but lose to Duke, the worst they can do is share the title with Duke. Any tie with UNC, UNC loses the head to head. Everyone should hope Duke wins and FSU is alone in first. And no, I don't like FSU, I just hate the other two that much.

It was tough calculation but i've decided to root for a volcano to emerge at midcourt. It will spray hot lava all over the upper decks and none will run fast enough to escape the lava floods that trickle down the volcano. I hope this happens right as K freaks out about something so he will believe this volcano is a manifestation of the bad karma he is owed. I would also like to see the look on Roy's face (probably a huge DERP) as this occurs.

It was tough calculation but i've decided to root for a volcano to emerge at midcourt. It will spray hot lava all over the upper decks and none will run fast enough to escape the lava floods that trickle down the volcano. I hope this happens right as K freaks out about something so he will believe this volcano is a manifestation of the bad karma he is owed. I would also like to see the look on Roy's face (probably a huge DERP) as this occurs.

:laugh: awesome.

I always pull for the away team, in the hopes that we get entertaining shots of butterfaces/asians in the crowd crying.

This. It's the best I can do when these two galactically douchey programs play each other.

ABC. Their fans are insufferable. Duke fans are bad, and the Crazies are ruthless...but Carolina fans have no equal in how awful they are.

Duke has precisely the sort of program I want for Wake. Their kids keep their noses clean, graduate, play hard and WIN. Excellent fundamentals, no showboating. If you're a small enough man to hate that, your problem's in the mirror.

Carolina sucks balls.

Duke has precisely the sort of program I want for Wake. Their kids keep their noses clean, graduate, play hard and WIN. Excellent fundamentals, no showboating. If you're a small enough man to hate that, your problem's in the mirror.

Carolina sucks balls.

yes, because those reasons you listed are exactly why people hate Duke

yes, because those reasons you listed are exactly why people hate Duke

I'd much rather be hated like Duke than be everyone's second favorite program.

I'd much rather be hated like Duke than be everyone's second favorite program.

who is everyone's second favorite program? and why does this have anything to do with what I was saying?

I agree that Carolina "fans" can be insufferable, but I think that is a different subset of people from actual Carolina graduates. Most grads that I know are generally reasonable and are no different in their fanhood than anyone else (there can be a hint of entitlement with these people, but I find it to be manageable).

The people that make Carolina hateable are the yahoo Wal-Mart morons that call sports talk radio shows. Those are the people that piss me off when it comes to UNC, and Duke has their fair share of them too. When you combine Duke's Wal-Mart presence with everything else that is hateable about their program and players, I think Duke comes across as the clear winner.

Duke definitely has their fair share of Wal-Mart fans, particularly outside of North Carolina. Out of NC, I've found more bandwagon Duke fans than Carolina fans. Folks that have never even stepped foot in the state before - much less Durham - who will talk shit until the end of time about Ratface and his group of floppers.

I agree that Carolina "fans" can be insufferable, but I think that is a different subset of people from actual Carolina graduates. Most grads that I know are generally reasonable and are no different in their fanhood than anyone else (there can be a hint of entitlement with these people, but I find it to be manageable).

The people that make Carolina hateable are the yahoo Wal-Mart morons that call sports talk radio shows. Those are the people that piss me off when it comes to UNC, and Duke has their fair share of them too. When you combine Duke's Wal-Mart presence with everything else that is hateable about their program and players, I think Duke comes across as the clear winner.

The problem with Carolina alumni is that they hate Duke, and can't understand that the rest of us hate UNC and Duke equally. They can't fathom why anyone would hate Carolina as much as or more than Duke. Plus, I think they care about the hate a lot more than Duke does, Duke fans just seem to feel above it all. Kinda like how Michigan State fans hate Michigan, and while Michigan fans hate them back, they hate Ohio State more and just look down on MSU.

Back