• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon (NWT, unfortunately)

Kent State is looking really good, and West Virginia is going to have a hard time scoring points this year.

Quick 4-0 run by WVU including a nice dunk by who I presume is Paul Bunyun.

That's the Kilicli WVU needs all the time.

He gets passive too often. He's got power and skill.

Huggins telling him they can't stop him in the timeout.

Paul Bunyun is doing work.

Kent St is nearly scoring at will tho. WVU needs to step it up on D. Giving up too many easy looks.

Kent State is looking really good, and West Virginia is going to have a hard time scoring points this year.

More disappointing to Huggins I'm sure is the defense. I imagine he figures this number of points should have them on pace to win the game, but they're just getting torched on the other end.

That's always been his calling card, and right now it's keeping them from getting back in the game.

Paul Bunyun looks lost on defense in this 2-1-2 zone WVU is running. Or if it is supposed to be a 2-3 zone then he looks doubly lost.

Whatever. Fuck mountain people. Get some civilization you clowns!

Paul Bunyun looks lost on defense in this 2-1-2 zone WVU is running. Or if it is supposed to be a 2-3 zone then he looks doubly lost.

You're right on it.

Can't say I'm surprised by this, but the defense is shocking. The offense has been good enough, or at least close.

Young team getting victimized by a talented veteran bunch that's used to winning.

Really looking forward to the next game in this hoopathon.

56 points with 3 mins left is "good enough" on offense? Don't set those standards too high now...

56 points with 3 mins left is "good enough" on offense? Don't set those standards too high now...

They've missed some free throws and had some dumb turnovers before they got into the offense.

But you miss the point, which is that defense leads and this morning, the defense has been a lot worse than the offense.

If Huggins teams didn't play at a glacial pace, their mediocre defense would stand out more. As it is, teams only need to score 65 points to beat WV.

They've missed some free throws and had some dumb turnovers before they got into the offense.

But you miss the point, which is that defense leads and this morning, the defense has been a lot worse than the offense.

Agreed that West Virginia's defense has been very porous, but that doesn't mean their offense has been anywhere close to good today.

And missing free throws and having dumb turnovers is part of why their offense hasn't been good today. Not sure how pointing out those two things helps an argument that they have been "good enough" as you put it earlier.

Back