• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Europe Travel Assistance

I paid for it this morning, doing the life and death in Egypt tour to see the mummies because that’s supposedly the most popular room in the museum.

My London itinerary is pretty full now, so freeing up time to just walk around or hop on a tour bus is key

Arriving on Friday the 8th at 1:30
3-6 - Old City Walking Tour
7 - Dinner at Indian Restaurant
-Free Time-

Saturday the 9th
8:30-11:30 - Tower of London
-Free Time-
3pm - Sky Garden
4:30 - Dinner at Blacklock City Steakhouse
6:30-8:30 - Jack The Ripper Walking Tour

Sunday the 10th
7:30am - Full English Breakfast
8:50-12 - British Museum
-Free Time-
4 - Sunday Roast
-Free Time-
6:30-9:30 - Globe Theatre “As You Like It”
-Free Time-

Monday the 11th
8am - All Day Bus Tour to Windsor Castle, Bath, Stonehenge

Seems like a fine itinerary. Enjoy.

I came across this piece some time before we recently were there. Found it helpful. We actually ate a meal at Seabird...the exact table featured in the article.

https://www.volvocars.com/us/l/osd-tourist/

This is insane to me, and my wife and I are going to do it at some point, probably in 2 years (assuming it still exists). Seems like pretty much any desirable car is going for full sticker price these days, and I assume Volvo XC90s (what she wants) are no different.

Select your car and put a $3K deposit down and you get:

• Roundtrip economy plus airfare for 2 to Sweden
  • Private airport transfer to hotel
  • 2 nights lodging
  • 1 dinner
  • Private pickup and drop-off at Volvo factory
  • Tour and lunch
  • Drive your Volvo free for up to 2 weeks around Europe, under Volvo insurance
  • Drop it off at one of dozens of approved locations across Europe
  • Free shipping to your local dealer

This is insane to me, and my wife and I are going to do it at some point, probably in 2 years (assuming it still exists). Seems like pretty much any desirable car is going for full sticker price these days, and I assume Volvo XC90s (what she wants) are no different.

• 2 nights lodging
  • 1 dinner
  • Tour and lunch
so they are giving you $3k off sticker

We looked into doing the Sweden thing, huge drawback is after you toy around in your car it appeared that it was between 6-9 months until delivery, which I guess is fine if you plan it well or maybe it got better, supply chain and what not.

I think the German companies do something similar.
Sadly, Mercedes, BMW and Audi discontinued their programs (I wanted to the Mercedes one for my current car, but they stopped during COVID - though apparently it was already planned and not COVID related). Last I looked, Volvo and Porsche were the two that still had a European delivery program.

Sadly, Mercedes, BMW and Audi discontinued their programs (I wanted to the Mercedes one for my current car, but they stopped during COVID - though apparently it was already planned and not COVID related). Last I looked, Volvo and Porsche were the two that still had a European delivery program.
Ah dang. I knew someone at my old job who did it for his Porsche.

Seems like a fine itinerary. Enjoy.

I came across this piece some time before we recently were there. Found it helpful. We actually ate a meal at Seabird...the exact table featured in the article.

From our Seabird meal…

IMG_0989.jpeg

• 2 nights lodging
  • 1 dinner
  • Tour and lunch
I should do this for my Norway trip.

Yeah, I was thinking go south through Denmark and hit Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, France and fly out of Paris. But just hanging in Sweden and Norway would be sweet too. Might save the fjords for a small cruise though. I think Windstar has a really cool one.

For those of you whole have done London - what's worth doing in 2.5 days there in December (just before Christmas)? Context: we are much more museum + history people than anything else, do our best to avoid the overpriced tourist traps.

edit: I'm a dumbass who can't scroll up 20 posts

Avoid Tate Modern
Hmm I don’t agree. Maybe if you truly don’t dig modern art, but there’s something for everyone, I think. If you don’t enjoy it, it’s free, and you can still go walk along the Thames, see Millennium Bridge, etc., not too inconvenient. To each their own, I guess.

Hmm I don’t agree. Maybe if you truly don’t dig modern art, but there’s something for everyone, I think. If you don’t enjoy it, it’s free, and you can still go walk along the Thames, see Millennium Bridge, etc., not too inconvenient. To each their own, I guess.
Yeah I am just being a little too hard. I don’t love modern art and I did not appreciate looking at a pile of pens and a pile of sand. It was nice to dip in out of the rain tho since it was free.

Yeah I am just being a little too hard. I don’t love modern art and I did not appreciate looking at a pile of pens and a pile of sand. It was nice to dip in out of the rain tho since it was free.
I have more patience for modern art than I think my wife does....I really like that walking tour you posted a couple pages back but it's definitely a long one. May need to stop for a pint midway

London is strange to me of all the European cities I've visited (10+ countries) where it seems everything is either free/suggested donation or $50

Hitting central Amsterdam at 8pm tonight. Flying out at 1pm tomorrow, so no time in the morning. I know nothing. Help me out, The Pit. Looking for the quickest street eats to conserve time.

Back