• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Europe Travel Assistance

i mean, you could probably "do" justice to WA between ToL and "Free Time" on day 1

almost 3 hours

westminster >>>> tower, come on

the crown jewels are cool to see i guess but meh

the military museum part is p underwhelming iirc

westminister abbey killed ITCs family when he was young

kory is just big on dead people

my biggest regret was not seeing the Magna Carta when i was in Salisbury. We were at teh cathedral grounds and had lunch a pub across the street.

the crown jewels also had a long ass wait when i was there in feb 2020

I just lived in London for two and a half years

This isn't a dig on you. But, I find that people who live near tourist hotspots consistenly underrate touristy places for people who don't travel often, probably b/c they're super annoying to be around vs locations with more subtle meaning, myself included. by the time i left maine i realized i had to stop telling people to avoid some touristy shit that was actually pretty fun for someone who was maybe coming up for the first and only time in their lives.

it's LOL funny that anyone would travel to see the "amish country" but...there it is.

I thought ToL was cool, hop in one of the free 30 min tours for a little history. The line in July for the jewels was short, walked straight in, but this was close to closing time.

y'know, i didn't say "don't go to the WA"

i just said "the tower is cool enough to visit"

maybe his mom doesn't care about militaria which is perhaps a stronger argument. but you do get to see where they chopped off anne boleyn's head, tho. p romantic stuff

Tower of London, British Museum, Piccadilly Circus, London Eye, Jack The Ripper Tour, Harrods, and Sherlock Holmes Museum were my moms requests. I vetoed London Eye Sherlock museum, and Harrods. Still trying to make Piccadilly Circus happen.

Picadilly Circus is just an area you can walk through on the way to somewhere else. Definitely worth it for a stroll, especially after Kensington Garden, which is next to Buckingham Palace.

Tower of London, British Museum, Piccadilly Circus, London Eye, Jack The Ripper Tour, Harrods, and Sherlock Holmes Museum were my moms requests. I vetoed London Eye Sherlock museum, and Harrods. Still trying to make Piccadilly Circus happen.
We killed an hour on a rainy night at harrods. Smart to veto the eye imo.

Back