• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

We know exactly nothing about a child's motivation. Scared. Harassed. Self defense. A hole instigator. Mental health breakdown. We do know biff is ok she's dead because... feelings?

lotta posts in the thread that seem to ignore this because they have a v brief video to watch

body cams have kind of been a double edged sword in this regard i think

really doesn't come close to context or experience and it's strange watching people fool themselves about this over and over and over

We know exactly nothing about a child's motivation. Scared. Harassed. Self defense. A hole instigator. Mental health breakdown. We do know biff is ok she's dead because... feelings?

lotta posts in the thread that seem to ignore this because they have a v brief video to watch

body cams have kind of been a double edged sword in this regard i think

really doesn't come close to context or experience and it's strange watching people fool themselves about this over and over and over

Which is why I trust the feelings of the people who witnessed it over the feelings of the cop who just showed up and shot or randos on the internet who watched a short video as if they were at the NBA replay center in Secaucus.

I think this is a very complicated situation.

I think police need to implement non-lethal ways to deescalate situations. My hunch is that this will happen at some point.

I think there are way too many guns out there in the hands of people who use them unwisely (I am that rare combo of a liberal dude who spends much time in the woods and owns guns).

I think we as a culture overreact to everything. People move to the extremes, when the truth and the answers are often in the middle.

I also think that when you pull out a knife (or any other highly lethal weapon) and start trying to stab people, you have assumed the risk of getting killed. I am very sympathetic to mental health issues, but my sympathy doesn't extend to letting someone stab me.

I don’t understand why non-lethal options like pepper spray, batons, taser, etc are perfectly legit to use on peaceful protesters but not someone with a knife. The goal should be to stop the person with a knife not kill them.

Here’s a question for you, Louis. What should someone do when two people are fighting and they want to help stopping the fight but they don’t want either person to die?

Still looking for an answer to this question.

complicated by the fact that a lot of people also getting lost in the video as justification for the cop killing a kid.

the video shouldn't exist because both the cop and the victim shouldn't have to be there, in that situation in the first place.

people who think it's a given are way off imo. but the loop of these videos hitting us over and over (while making visible police violence, sure) does seem to sickly justify people's belief that these encounters are inevitable. they're not.

maybe i'm biased because gf is a therapist for kids in crisis tho. you can probably imagine how well funded and staffed her org is.

Have you ever watched Cops ? Police break up fights all the time that don't involve lethal weapons.

Stop trolling. Using fucking Cops in a real argument is ridiculous. Then you change the parameters of the question. Any fight could eventually include a lethal weapon by the time help arrives, you dumb shit.

Here’s a decent standard. Cops should be able to disarm a girl with a knife. Weak ass punks who rely on their gun shouldn’t be in the job.

Last edited:
Which is why I trust the feelings of the people who witnessed it over the feelings of the cop who just showed up and shot or randos on the internet who watched a short video as if they were at the NBA replay center in Secaucus.

Well then you should go back and watch the video you posted. The guy wasn't even there and is just going off descriptions, including the girl's grandma that got killed?, given to him by witnesses. So randos on the internet who watched a short video of the actual event taking place are more accurate than that guy's understanding of what happened.

Well then you should go back and watch the video you posted. The guy wasn't even there and is just going off descriptions, including the girl's grandma that got killed?, given to him by witnesses. So randos on the internet who watched a short video of the actual event taking place are more accurate than that guy's understanding of what happened.

He wasn’t a witness. That was one tweet. There were other witnesses. The people who were there were angry. Stop trying to “own” me and have a reasonable discussion.

Ph the super hero using his super human speed to close the distance and grab the cocked arm before the knife made its downward plunge.

Tell Ph what he wants to hear or he'll accuse you of being unreasonable or trolling. PWNT !

Cops should be able to disarm a girl with a knife. Weak ass punks who rely on their gun shouldn’t be in the job.

I think this is almost always the case if the person is merely holding the knife or waiving it around without the obvious intent to stab someone. If the person is actively stabbing or clearly trying to stab someone else, it gets much harder.

I have had someone pull a knife on me. It was some drunk dude at a party (and I knew I could outrun him if I had to, so it wasn't a terrifying situation), but I can tell you when he started walking towards me, my concern for his welfare was not at the top of my mind.

wow this is going real well congrats y'all

giphy.gif

Ph the super hero using his super human speed to close the distance and grab the cocked arm before the knife made its downward plunge.

Yet you think every cop is Deadshot.

Maybe the people tasked with protecting and serving should be in good enough shape to save a life instead of taking one. I don’t think that’s too much to ask. If we didn’t have so many cops and instead had a smaller group fit and smart enough to deal with these situations, they wouldn’t end in *pew pew*.

Feel free to answer my question. You’re at a party. Fight breaks out between two people you care about. Kitchen knives are within reach. You and the other people there can’t break it up yourselves. It’s escalating. You don’t want anyone to die. What do you do? Do you call the police knowing that you think the cops would be justified to kill one or both of them?

Oh and the two people fighting aren’t white.

My friends aren't psychotic murderous shitheads in the first place.

Back