• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Must be, if someone thinks I'm a racist. I've probably supported more civil rights causes in the last 45 years with my votes (and my 18 years as an elected official in a rural southern town) than 95% of the posters on this board.....but because I don't condone looting & rioting, that somehow makes me a racist with some people.

I've even had opposite feelings about the Martin/Zimmerman situation & this one....from what I know, and let's admit it....we don't really know what happened in either one of those cases. I thought Zimmerman was guilty. Right now, I don't feel that way about Wilson. I reserve the right to change my opinion as further information emerges.

More than a few of whom live in expensive cities after having spent their entire educational experiences in private schools.

No I won't agree with the facts that you have made up to support your conclusion that don't have any support in the actual statements of any of the witnesses.

More than a few of whom live in expensive cities after having spent their entire educational experiences in private schools.

Hilarious how going to UNC gives this guy street cred.

That was before any physical confrontation.

It wasn't after any physical altercation as you claimed it was even according to Dorian Johnson's account of the story.

Officer Darren Wilson, who is white, told the young men either "Get the f*** on the sidewalk" or "Get the f*** out of the street," according to Johnson's accounts to CNN and other news outlets.
The young men replied that they were "not but a minute away from our destination, and we would shortly be out of the street," Johnson told CNN.
The officer drove away but stopped and backed up, almost hitting the pair, Johnson said. He said he wasn't sure what prompted the officer to return. Johnson told MSNBC the officer said something to the effect of "What'd you say?"
"We were so close, almost inches away, that when he tried to open his door aggressively, the door ricocheted both off me and Big Mike's body and closed back on the officer," Johnson said.

Using Chris' post for the account only.

Is it possible that the officer stopped and backed up b/c they didn't get out of the street? I am in no way justifying anything just for the record. Just a theoretical question.

Using Chris' post for the account only.

Is it possible that the officer stopped and backed up b/c they didn't get out of the street? I am in no way justifying anything just for the record. Just a theoretical question.

And nothing in that statement suggests that there was any physical altercation before the officer backed up.

1. Verbal exchange
2. Officer drove forward
3. Officer backed up.
4. Additional exchange that included physical altercation that led to shooting.

Last edited:
And nothing in that testimony suggests that there was any physical altercation before the officer backed up.

1. Verbal exchange
2. Officer drove forward
3. Officer backed up.
4. Additional exchange that included physical altercation that led to shooting.

That's what I was trying to say.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5696546?utm_hp_ref=tw

Video of the 25 year old shot and killed a few miles from Ferguson

That's 9 shots. NINE. Two after the body already was on the ground.

That looks even like suicide by cop, but the police officers had no better option to consider in the time frame? Police car stops at 1:24 in the video until 1:40 in the video when the fist shot is fired -- in those 16 seconds, when a man was walking around, albeit with an aggressive stance, they couldn't have thought, "hey, maybe we should take our tasers out instead of these death causing pistols in our hands?"

And as the man was approaching, they couldn't just shoot him in the leg(s) and incapacitate him?

Just awful all around. The man was clearly troubled and looking for a confrontation and the two police officers that arrived on the scene gave him what he wanted, in my opinion -- suicide by cop.

How the fuck does RJ keep getting the time line wrong on this?

That's 9 shots. NINE. Two after the body already was on the ground.

That looks even like suicide by cop, but the police officers had no better option to consider in the time frame? Police car stops at 1:24 in the video until 1:40 in the video when the fist shot is fired -- in those 16 seconds, when a man was walking around, albeit with an aggressive stance, they couldn't have thought, "hey, maybe we should take our tasers out instead of these death causing pistols in our hands?"

And as the man was approaching, they couldn't just shoot him in the leg(s) and incapacitate him?

Just awful all around. The man was clearly troubled and looking for a confrontation and the two police officers that arrived on the scene gave him what he wanted, in my opinion -- suicide by cop.

LOL, OK Batman.

Can we stop with this shoot to incapacitate nonsense? Police are trained that if you are shooting your gun, the situation has escalated to a point where lethal force is necessary. And the most successful way to bring someone down is shooting towards the center mass. Highest likelihood of not missing, and highest likelihood of stopping the subject.

As for non-lethal force, and if it's appropriate to use on a knife wielding subject, that's a department training thing. Who knows what the St Louis police teaches it's officers. Obviously preferable, as long as it doesn't put the officer in a situation where they could be seriously harmed.

LOL, OK Batman.

Can we stop with this shoot to incapacitate nonsense? Police are trained that if you are shooting your gun, the situation has escalated to a point where lethal force is necessary. And the most successful way to bring someone down is shooting towards the center mass. Highest likelihood of not missing, and highest likelihood of stopping the subject.

As for non-lethal force, and if it's appropriate to use on a knife wielding subject, that's a department training thing. Who knows what the St Louis police teaches it's officers. Obviously preferable, as long as it doesn't put the officer in a situation where they could be seriously harmed.

Sad.

Lol what?

I love that you pretend not to know what I'm talking about. Lots of expert opinions on the poor from a place with $60,000.00 tuition annually. Nice little fence you've built for yourselves.

Back