• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Glad to see this POS getting charged with murder. Hopefully the DA is able to put together a case which will lead to a strong conviction.

Also glad to see how Scott's family is handling this. I don't think I could show that much restraint and reason if this happened to my brother/son.

Last and least importantly, glad to see the members of this board confirming their world views With this case

I'm wondering if the news outlets have the entire video. The police chief, you know, the one who made the decision to charge the officer, is saying that at the end of the video he sees a police officer remove Scott's shirt and perform "some sort of life saving prohcedure." I don't see anything resembling that on the video I've seen.

Even if we do have the entire video, it is certainly possible that CPR was performed after the video stopped rolling.

Generally when someone is interested in saving someone's life they show a modest amount of urgency.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not claiming that Slager cared or that he is not a murderer. I'm just saying that it might be a little premature to be accusing this entire police office of a vast conspiracy.

Nobody accused the "entire police office" of anything. But it's naive to this was just one lying murderer acting on his own with no help.

Thread took a turn for Dent City. let's get this straight for everyone who can't keep up - Officer Slager wasn't the only officer on the scene, yet the other officer(s) did not refute his dishonest story, they supported it. Slager isn't the person who lied and said that the officers tried to resuscitate Walter Scott, when in reality they cuffed his dead body face down and let him there for minutes. What "evidence" does anyone need to refute reality? It's on the goddammed video. The only ones who need more evidence are those desperate for a slimmer of doubt to support their fascist apologist stance and label Slager as some unbalanced rogue agent in a department of blue collar white knights

Last edited:
Thread took a turn for Dent City. let's get this straight for everyone who can't keep up - Officer Slager wasn't the only officer on the scene, yet the other officer(s) did not refute his dishonest story, they supported it. Slager isn't the person who lied and said that the officers tried to resuscitate Walter Scott, when in reality they cuffed his dead body face down and let him there for minutes. What "evidence" does anyone need to refute reality? It's on the goddammed video. The only ones who need more evidence are those desperate for a slimmer of doubt to support their fascist apologist stance and label Slager as some unbalanced rogue agent in a department of blue collar white knights

I have no evidence to back this up but police offices are generally like fraternities. Frat bros will stick up for each other in almost all circumstances. That may be an overly negative view of police departments but that is why checks and balances are needed like independent internal affairs groups, etc.

I have no evidence to back this up but police offices are generally like fraternities. Frat bros will stick up for each other in almost all circumstances. That may be an overly negative view of police departments but that is why checks and balances are needed like independent internal affairs groups, etc.

hoo boy, hold on to your butts

Where are you seeing that other officers were on the scene *at the time of the shooting*?

Also, how do you know that Slager and the second (black) officer knew CPR? And how do you know it wasn't performed by the other responder whose siren can be heard at the end of the video?

Nice edit, but it's unnecessary. There was an officer by Slager's side as he handcuffed a dead man and planted evidence/staged a crime scene.
http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20150407/PC16/150409468
"The cameraman curses, and Slager yells at Scott as sirens wail.

“Put your hands behind your back,” the officer shouts before he handcuffs Scott as another lawman runs to Scott’s side.

Scott died there.

Slager soon jogs back to where he fired his gun and picks up something from the ground. He walks back to Scott’s body and drops the object."

That's a pretty ineffective way to resuscitate a man with 5 holes in his back.

If you want to get into a pointless semantics argument, there could be a cop performing CPR on Walter Scott right now.

don't all police officers get CPR training?

Yeah saw a stat earlier that 99% of all legal officers in South Carolina are first aid certified.

And again, even if CPR were performed at the end of the video it would be pretty worthless since it was after several minutes had elapsed.

Yeah saw a stat earlier that 99% of all legal officers in South Carolina are first aid certified.

And again, even if CPR were performed at the end of the video it would be pretty worthless since it was after several minutes had elapsed.

If cpr was preformed the second his knee hit the ground it would not have mattered. He was shot 8 times in the back

amazing hubris that there continues to be a post-Ferguson steady stream of cops shooting black dudes under suspicious or worse circumstances

Back