• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantasy Football Thread 2023-24

Deacsfan27

Reaction score
Nobody wants to read Fantasy Football stuff on the NFL thread, so I figured I'd make a thread for folks to ask/discuss/seek help for their teams.

My team turned out ok after my draft. Went 10th in a 12 team league and got Pollard/Mahomes. Reached on Waller round 3 (maybe?), then got Jonathan Taylor a couple of rounds later. Rachaad White will be my RB2 until he comes back.

Excited for the NFl and fantasy football to be back.

I got Kelce in the first round….last night. He is hurt and I’m convinced I’m a jinx.

Damnit Olive - I took Kelce in R1 last week. Was just posting this but now I know it's your fault.

I went zero-RB in my 12-team, full-PPR draft and ended up with:

QB- Fields
RB- Dobbins
RB- Wheel of Mystery
WR- Wilson
WR- ARSB
TE- Mandrews

BE: Dotson
K. Herbert
Jamaal Williams
Charbonnet
Achane
Bigsby
Hunt
Fournette

I took Garrett Wilson far and ARSB slightly ahead of ADP, but I'm very high on both of them this year. Go get your guys.

I wasn't expecting Mandrews to make it back around to 3.9, so I was very happy with that, and it let this build work. It's hard to go zero-RB when you're starting Chig Okwonkwo at TE. The undisclosed injury has me a bit nervous, but he should be back at practice tomorrow.

I love the Fields/Moore stack and am hoping for a poor man's version of 2020 Allen and Diggs.

I normally try to stay away from two skill position players on the same team because it caps my upside, but Dobbins in the 6th was leagues better than the next-best available RB. Plus, I believe in the Ravens' offense this year, and expect Dobbins to be much better in year 2 off the ACL.

Dotson was another guy I didn't expect to be there at my spot (7.9). There's QB uncertainty, but I like betting on second-year breakouts for WR's who impress as rookies, and the McLaurin injury can only increase his opportunity.

If I'm not crazy about taking two skill position players on a great offense, I'm far less so about taking multiple Bears, but Khalil Herbert was the last starting RB left except for Mostert, and I thought I could play the ADP game and still get him. Narrator voice But he could not get him. /Voice

Jamaal Williams I expect to start the first three weeks with Kamara suspended and Miller battling the hamstring issue. At that point, I may very well cut him, but if I get three starts out of my ninth-rounder, that's a win.

Charbonnet, Achane, and Bigsby are all Day 2 picks in good offenses who should have a decent role and also have massive upside if the starters (a brittle group, to begin with) get hurt.

Hunt and Fournette are total fliers in the event they get signed to a starting role, either in Indy or to a team that loses a start in the next couple of days. In the extremely likely event they don't sign before Sunday, I'll drop them and pick up two of Roschon Johnson (yet another Bear, but the raving about him in camp is impossible to ignore), Deuce Vaughn (seems too small to make an impact, but more raves and Jake Ciely with The Athletic keeps comparing him to Tarik Cohen), Sean Tucker (enticing because I don't think White is good and Tucker could take over the backfield, but the quote from his OC today about him being a 1st/2nd down back is not encouraging, as that's not a valuable role on a bad offense if White retains the passing work), or Kendre Miller (highest draft capital and also has a chance to take the backfield if Kamara is washed, but has to get and stay healthy).

I'm in two leagues. 1 is PPR and the other isn't. I had the 10th pick in each league. Yahoo gave me an F and a C-, respectively. What do y'all think?

Non-PPR (QB/3 WR/2 RB/TE/FLEX):

QB: Anthony Richardson/Kenny Pickett
WR: Garrett Wilson/Amari Cooper/Trent Lockett/Dionte Johnson/JuJu Smith-Schuster/Adam Thielan/Jonathan Mingo/Curtis Samuel
RB: Derrick Henry/Miles Sanders/Zeke Elliott
TE: Kyle Pitts/Dalton Schultz
D: Buffalo
K: Graham Gano

I definitely overdid it on WRs, but this is a league where it really pays to have 3 good starters. I'm hoping that I get that from the first six guys. I really believe in Mingo, so hopefully he can be a contributor later on.

I swung for the fences after a run on QBs took most of the obvious picks out of consideration. Richardson and Pickett both have potential to get TDs with their legs, though, which made them more intriguing than the rest of the meh candidates on the board. I think it's my weakest position, though.

I have no idea what to expect from RB or TE, but these are all guys with a ton of talent and in a non-PPR league I don't see how they can hurt me.

PPR: (QB/2 WR/2 RB/TE/FLEX):

QB: Lamar Jackson
WR: Ceedee Lamb/Christian Watson/George Pickens/Skyy Moore/Jonathan Mingo
RB: Bijan Robinson/Rachaad White/Zach Charbonnet/Samaje Perine/Tank Bigsby
TE: Mark Andrews/Dalton Kincaid
D: Green Bay
K: Younghoe Koo

I think this team has higher upside than the other. It's going to necessitate that some of these guys live up to their potential, but they're talented enough that the risks are worth taking, imo. I'm excited to see what Skyy Moore, Christian Watson, and George Pickens in less crowded depth charts. I'm high on Rachaad White, too, and hope that I can get some productive games from Charbonnet eventually. Perine is intriguing in PPR and on backfieldless Broncos. Andrews is the obvious starter, but I feel good about Kincaid surpassing Knox at some point this year.

DF27 - Did very well with the positions mentioned but guessing your WR are the weak link since you didn't mention them.

To all those taking Kelce first round, I understand the reasoning (and took him 1st round last year), just bad luck with a player that is aging but hasn't had too much injury history.

OGB - Getting ARSB in a full PPR league is pure gold and Wilson is potential gold. 0 RB is the way to go in full PPR and Dobbs may be great if he stays healthy. Agree that Andrews at TE was a lucky break. I know a lot of people are high on Fields at QB but I'm not sold from a FF perspective.

Strick - The non PPR but 3 WR league is tough because WRs don't add as much to your total score but you have to have a lot of them. I'm not hopeful on your team because I think Richardson will struggle at QB. Is there a penalty for INTs? I agree that your PPR team is better and very strong at QB, TE, WR1 and RB1 but drops off significantly for WR2, RB2 and bench. Is this a 12 team league? If, so that pattern is typical, so if the players with potential break out, you'll contend.

DF27 - Did very well with the positions mentioned but guessing your WR are the weak link since you didn't mention them.

Cast a wide net there as far as "bench" players to make sure I get a couple good ones. Have Nuke Hopkins and DJ Moore as my starters. Then Brandin Cooks, George Pickens, Marquise Brown, Dortch, and Mingo.

Feel pretty good about Moore, and then hope another one of those guys stands out. I'm pretty high on Pickens.

I'm in a weird 10 team league that started on these boards but has evolved into me and another Demon Deacon and 8 high school football refs!? It's weird because it is a Super Flex (can start 2 QBs) Non PPR league where passing TDs are 6 points and yardage is devalued with passing 25yds/point and receiving/rushing 15yds/point. So QBs are heavily weighted and many go in the first round. It changes draft strategy dramatically with the emphasis on TDs. I picked 3rd.

QB, Flex - Josh Allen, Deshaun Watson
RB - Saquon Barkley, Kenneth Walker (Charbonnet backup)
WR - AJ Brown, Mike Williams
TE - Andrews
Bench - Charbonnet, Javonte Williams, Christian Kirk, Chris Godwin , Marvin Mims, Jr., and Sam Howell

Yahoo said I won the draft but said the same thing last year and I finished 9th. Two years ago they said I finished last in the draft but I won the league so I don't put much stock in them. My critical decision point was in the 2nd round where I took AJ Brown instead of Joe Burrow. In the 3rd round Burrow went the pick before mine and I had to settle for Barkley. Got Watson in the 4th round (yeah I know, potential bust) but got Andrews in the 5th. If I had taken Burrow earlier my WRs would have sucked.

Yahoo! called my draft "mediocre" and gave me a C+, but I'm projected to finish 4/12.

I'm in two leagues. 1 is PPR and the other isn't. I had the 10th pick in each league. Yahoo gave me an F and a C-, respectively. What do y'all think?

Non-PPR (QB/3 WR/2 RB/TE/FLEX):

QB: Anthony Richardson/Kenny Pickett
WR: Garrett Wilson/Amari Cooper/Trent Lockett/Dionte Johnson/JuJu Smith-Schuster/Adam Thielan/Jonathan Mingo/Curtis Samuel
RB: Derrick Henry/Miles Sanders/Zeke Elliott
TE: Kyle Pitts/Dalton Schultz
D: Buffalo
K: Graham Gano

I definitely overdid it on WRs, but this is a league where it really pays to have 3 good starters. I'm hoping that I get that from the first six guys. I really believe in Mingo, so hopefully he can be a contributor later on.

I swung for the fences after a run on QBs took most of the obvious picks out of consideration. Richardson and Pickett both have potential to get TDs with their legs, though, which made them more intriguing than the rest of the meh candidates on the board. I think it's my weakest position, though.

I have no idea what to expect from RB or TE, but these are all guys with a ton of talent and in a non-PPR league I don't see how they can hurt me.

PPR: (QB/2 WR/2 RB/TE/FLEX):

QB: Lamar Jackson
WR: Ceedee Lamb/Christian Watson/George Pickens/Skyy Moore/Jonathan Mingo
RB: Bijan Robinson/Rachaad White/Zach Charbonnet/Samaje Perine/Tank Bigsby
TE: Mark Andrews/Dalton Kincaid
D: Green Bay
K: Younghoe Koo

I think this team has higher upside than the other. It's going to necessitate that some of these guys live up to their potential, but they're talented enough that the risks are worth taking, imo. I'm excited to see what Skyy Moore, Christian Watson, and George Pickens in less crowded depth charts. I'm high on Rachaad White, too, and hope that I can get some productive games from Charbonnet eventually. Perine is intriguing in PPR and on backfieldless Broncos. Andrews is the obvious starter, but I feel good about Kincaid surpassing Knox at some point this year.
Team 1
I think the QB's are passable for 12-team. Steichen should get the most out of Richardson and Pickett's looked good in the preseason.

Love the top 4 WR's. Who knows with JJSS? There's been some hype for Devante Parker, but maybe JJSS is the 1. Thielen is probably steady but has no upside and I don't see when you'd ever want to start him unless you have a major bye week cluster. Samuel might be toast. I'd drop them for RB depth.

Henry probably has one more year. Sanders might get bellcow usage if he stays healthy. Zeke is 30-40 yards and pray for a TD.

The Falcons' beat reporter on The Athletic is really down on Pitts, so you might want to explore a trade. He could break out, but really high risk/reward.

Team 2
Bijan/Lamb is a tremendous start in 12-team, still great in 10.

Love the Lamar/Andrews stack.

Apart from the absolute top guys, Watson is the player I most regret not getting on my teams. Explosive athlete, 2nd-year wideout, lots of vacated targets, Doubs hurt, Reed unimpressive... The table is set if Love can come through.

Good RB depth.

Pickens is maybe flashier than he is productive, but could break out. I'm not a Moore fan. Something like 70% of rookie QB's don't support a top-36 WR, but Mingo could finish the season strong, especially if Thielen fades and Chark stays perpetually hurt.

Asked my son to help me draft while i was in class yesterday. He took Kirk Cousins like 50 picks too early and then took all Chiefs. Toney, McKinnon, Chiefs D, Butker.

QB: Mahomes
RB: Pollard/White/Taylor/Damien Harris
WR: Nuke, DJ Moore, Pickens, Hollywood Brown, Dortch, Mingo
TE: Waller
K: McPherson
D: Chiefs, but will likely stream

DF27 I think you did well to reach for Waller. If Andrews hadn't been available in the 4th round, i would have taken Waller.

Yeah, there weren't many WR's who I thought would be good value where I was/wouldn't be there in R4 (like 4 picks later), so figured I would reach on a shallower position pool if I was going to reach. It was either him or Kittle and I read better things about Waller this pre-season with Jones.

Andrews went 35th, and Hockenson went the pick before Waller.

I’m in the Pit Dynasty league and in addition to Murray being out the first bit (expected) I also have Jonathan Taylor. So…not a good start.

QB - Herbert
RB - Chubb, Sanders, J Williams/Perine (this could be confusing), J Warren
WR - Adams, Ridley, M Williams, Mq Brown, M Thomas, Juju, G Davis
TE - Engram

12 team .5 PPR, 2 Flex. Feel pretty decent though RB isn't deep. I'm high on Ridley like everyone. And in our auction, I paid a combined like $10 for the last 4 WRs who all seem to have solid upside. There's definitely a world where I have 5-6 startable WRs and can wheel and deal in the trade market. Of course there's another where they all bust/get hurt and I lose every game.

I'm in a weird 10 team league that started on these boards but has evolved into me and another Demon Deacon and 8 high school football refs!? It's weird because it is a Super Flex (can start 2 QBs) Non PPR league where passing TDs are 6 points and yardage is devalued with passing 25yds/point and receiving/rushing 15yds/point. So QBs are heavily weighted and many go in the first round. It changes draft strategy dramatically with the emphasis on TDs. I picked 3rd.

QB, Flex - Josh Allen, Deshaun Watson
RB - Saquon Barkley, Kenneth Walker (Charbonnet backup)
WR - AJ Brown, Mike Williams
TE - Andrews
Bench - Charbonnet, Javonte Williams, Christian Kirk, Chris Godwin , Marvin Mims, Jr., and Sam Howell

Yahoo said I won the draft but said the same thing last year and I finished 9th. Two years ago they said I finished last in the draft but I won the league so I don't put much stock in them. My critical decision point was in the 2nd round where I took AJ Brown instead of Joe Burrow. In the 3rd round Burrow went the pick before mine and I had to settle for Barkley. Got Watson in the 4th round (yeah I know, potential bust) but got Andrews in the 5th. If I had taken Burrow earlier my WRs would have sucked.
Howell's a great late-round pick for a super-super-flex league like that

Back