• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantasy Football Thread 2023-24

My opponent this week has George Kittle.

Fantastic week for his first touchdown of the year.

And his second.

Oh - and his third.

.500 going into Week 7. My running back situation is a mess. Hoping for Jeff Wilson Jr. to get cleared to play this weekend as a serious piece of my starting roster with my two best receivers, Chase and CeeDee on bye. Also considering starting Craig Reynolds for Detroit (who?) if Swift is out, but he is also listed as Questionable!

I have so far started 6 QBs in seven weeks. This week I am doing only my second repeat starter, and its frigging Baker Mayfield. Basically, I drafted Aaron Rodgers with the hope that I could fix the situation through waivers/trades if it was a disaster. I did not anticipate the scope of the disaster. I was able to get a QB in a trade, but it was Anthony Richardson. I was one of the few teams that did not draft a backup QB. I'm used to finding a reasonable floor on the waiver wire, but that just hasn't happened. Anyway, I have speculatively added Kyler Murray in hopes of a miracle in a few weeks.

I was in a similar situation but in the 20 team Pit League. I passed on backup QBs, even passed up on Dobbs with my last pick. I had to use my waiver position on Zach Wilson just to start a starting QB.

It’s so bad that I tried to use my #3 waiver position to get Mac Jones for the Jets bye week and I didn’t get him.

Last edited:
I have so far started 6 QBs in seven weeks. This week I am doing only my second repeat starter, and its frigging Baker Mayfield. Basically, I drafted Aaron Rodgers with the hope that I could fix the situation through waivers/trades if it was a disaster. I did not anticipate the scope of the disaster. I was able to get a QB in a trade, but it was Anthony Richardson. I was one of the few teams that did not draft a backup QB. I'm used to finding a reasonable floor on the waiver wire, but that just hasn't happened. Anyway, I have speculatively added Kyler Murray in hopes of a miracle in a few weeks.
I had Anthony Richardson as my QB1. Sticking with Stafford for now, but open to streaming QBs the rest of the season.

Is Sam Howell available? He might be a good longer-term option, and his matchup this weekend is the Giants.

.500 going into Week 7. My running back situation is a mess. Hoping for Jeff Wilson Jr. to get cleared to play this weekend as a serious piece of my starting roster with my two best receivers, Chase and CeeDee on bye. Also considering starting Craig Reynolds for Detroit (who?) if Swift is out, but he is also listed as Questionable!
I went zero RB this year, and two of my top-three RB picks were Dobbins and Achane, so I'm toast.

In my ten-team league, I'm faring much better.

QB- Allen
RB- Ekeler
RB- KWIII
WR- Keenan
WR- Olave
FLEX- Mostert
TE- Musgrave
DST- CLE

Bench- Kyren
Moss
J. Warren
Charbonnet
Mason

D.J. Moore
Diontae
Addison

The main point of this post is, of course, to brag. However, would you try to trade Mostert and Addison for Achane and Jamarr? What about Achane and A.J. Brown? I'm leading the league in points by a fair margin, but am 4-2 due to teams going HAM against me.

I have a pending trade, sending my Chris Godwin for Rhamondre Stevenson.

Stevenson has had a slow start on a terrible Pats offense. However, he is still getting double-digit carries consistently and his back-half schedule is juicy. I am desperate for RBs so I am happy to do this trade. Godwin has been OK but 0 TD production and I have plenty of other WRs that get decent volume targets that can take his place, like Josh Downs and Scary Terry.

I went zero RB this year, and two of my top-three RB picks were Dobbins and Achane, so I'm toast.

In my ten-team league, I'm faring much better.

QB- Allen
RB- Ekeler
RB- KWIII
WR- Keenan
WR- Olave
FLEX- Mostert
TE- Musgrave
DST- CLE

Bench- Kyren
Moss
J. Warren
Charbonnet
Mason

D.J. Moore
Diontae
Addison

The main point of this post is, of course, to brag. However, would you try to trade Mostert and Addison for Achane and Jamarr? What about Achane and A.J. Brown? I'm leading the league in points by a fair margin, but am 4-2 due to teams going HAM against me.
Is this a PPR or half-PPR league? If so, I would make either of those trades.

I think there is almost a 0% chance Mostert stays healthy for the season. And even if he does, he is probably going to start losing carries to JWJ and/or Achane when he is back.

If you had another proven WR1 (Chase/Brown) and an extremely efficient RB on the best NFL offense for the end of the season on your bench, you will be in great shape. The second-half matchups are pretty favorable for both Chase and Brown, better than Addison.

I had Achane before he got injured and he won me three-straight games. He is on my IR, and just hoping to stay above water before he gets healthy again. He is explosive enough to be a league winner if he can return for the last 5-6 games of the fantasy season. And his end of season matchups are decent.

Would the person accept Mostert/Addison for Achane/Chase?

I would 100% do that if I were you.

I've stumbled to a 3-3 start. Really inconsistent across the board. Finally just benching Rachaad White in favor of Ford/Taylor (Pollard on bye this week). He's gotten a huge chance to be the feature back in Tampa and has done nothing with it.

Would the person accept Mostert/Addison for Achane/Chase?

I would 100% do that if I were you.
Beats me, but he's 2-4 with a likely loss this week, so he should be getting desperate.

Is this a PPR or half-PPR league? If so, I would make either of those trades.

I think there is almost a 0% chance Mostert stays healthy for the season. And even if he does, he is probably going to start losing carries to JWJ and/or Achane when he is back.

If you had another proven WR1 (Chase/Brown) and an extremely efficient RB on the best NFL offense for the end of the season on your bench, you will be in great shape. The second-half matchups are pretty favorable for both Chase and Brown, better than Addison.

I had Achane before he got injured and he won me three-straight games. He is on my IR, and just hoping to stay above water before he gets healthy again. He is explosive enough to be a league winner if he can return for the last 5-6 games of the fantasy season. And his end of season matchups are decent.

Kudos to you for having Achane in your line-up Week 3. My league voted down my proposed, "If a player on your bench scores 50+ points, you can sub him into your lineup," rule.

I decided I didn't like Baker Mayfield's matchup or knee last week, so I had the brilliant idea to cut him for Desmond Ridder (though the Titans QB situation would at least give ATL some favorable field position). If I had gotten at least the 29th best QB performance this week, I would have won, but I did not get that. Meanwhile, Baker sets his season high in points. Hoping to get Baker back off waivers for his matchup this week, but the guy one spot ahead of me had Kirk Cousins.

I'm still stashing Kyler Murray hoping that he proves himself to be the the solution. The key to my teams success at QB is "post-hype sleepers" apparently-I went to the playoffs last year with Geno Smith, and Ryan Tannehill in 2019.

I am coming to you wise folks to ask about a wild 3-team trade just proposed in my league and I'm trying to figure out if my team makes out well or not as it involves so many players.
The teams involved are currently 2nd, 3rd, and 5th in the standings - 10 team league. 6 teams make playoffs with top-2 getting byes to the semi-finals.
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (R/W/T), 1 'super flex' (Q, R, W, T) starts. Fairly standard scoring. 1/2 PPR. 4 pts passing TD. No big play bonuses.

To the trade!

Team A current roster: QB: Herbert, Wilson, Minshew; RB: Ekeler, Bijan Robinson, Raschaad White; WR: DeV Smith, DJ Moore, Deebo, Diontae Johnson, J. Addison, G. Davis; TE: TJ Hockenson

Team B current roster: QB: Stroud, Goff, Love; RB: Etienne, Achane, Singletary, Mattison; WR: Chase, Lamb, Aiyuk, Pittman; TE: Andrews

Team C current roster: QB: Hurts, Mayfield, Heinicke; RB: Pollard, Gibbs, Mostert, J. Warren; WR: ARSB, Z. Flowers, T Higgins, C. Watson, Downs; TE: LaPorta

Trade is...

Team A gives Herbert, Robinson, Hockensen to Team B and Deebo to Team C
Team B gives Aiyuk and Mattison to Team A and Stroud, Chase, and Andrews to Team C
Team C gives Hurts and LaPorta to Team A and ARSB and Higgins to Team B

If accepted...

Team A roster changes with player replaced in parentheses: Hurts (Herbert), Mattison (Bijan), Aiyuk (Deebo), LaPorta (Hockensen)

Team B roster changes with player replaced in parentheses: Herbert (Stroud), Bijan (Mattison), ARSB (Chase), Higgins (Aiyuk), Hockensen (Andrews)

Team C roster changes with player replaced in parentheses: Stroud (Hurts), Chase (ARSB), Deebo (Higgins), Andrews (LaPorta)

Is there a clear winner here? A clear loser? Do all teams improve a little? Does this even make sense and move the needle at all...for any team?

My head is spinning, so any advice would be appreciated!

A is the loser. Bijan had his best usage of the season last week, and Mattison was splitting work with Chandler even before he got concussed.

B probably improves slightly by virtue of getting that massive upgrade, despite getting worse at three spots. C improves.

A is the loser. Bijan had his best usage of the season last week, and Mattison was splitting work with Chandler even before he got concussed.

B probably improves slightly by virtue of getting that massive upgrade, despite getting worse at three spots. C improves.
I agree with this.

I, too, concur. Team A is banking on Hurts, Mattison has been far from dominant.... It's close but a lot of variables in the mix.

Team C accepted the trade idea. I was/am Team B.

Team A, a massive Eagles fan, declined the trade around 6pm today after Team C gave a deadline of the game kicking off today.

All these guys are my boys but I'm so fucking mad at Team A's owner because it would have been SO FUNNY if we did this trade and then Mark Andrews went gimp on him. Instead, he went gimp on me...which is less funny from my perspective! :D

I also disagree with y'all on Team A being the 'loser' here, I thought all parties profited. Team A needed WR help and they won't win in the playoffs because their WRs suck and Aiyuk/SF have good matchups in the playoff weeks.

I (Team B) clearly had WR capital to burn and upgrade RB and QB. And even before Andrews destroyed his ankle tonight, I didn't see a big drop-off from Andrews to Hockensen, so I saw it as being over reliant on CeeDee and ARSB with Pittman as a reserve, but my Flex went HAM from D Smith, whom I don't trust week to week, to Bijan, and I think Atlanta is going to start incorporating him more into their offense. He's too talented to keep in reserve.

All three teams are in the top 4 of scorers this season (I'm 1st, C 2nd, A 4th), and without knowing that Andrews' ankle would die, I think it would have locked up one of us winning it all this year.

Back