• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantasy Football Thread 2023-24

people still do standard? have my salary cap draft tonight

ugh I hate this take. also Bill Simmons's take that snake draft is lame. sometimes you want just something easy.
Is standard any easier? The only difference is in valuation of pass-catchers vs workhouse RBs.

In today's day and age of NFL RBs it feels like playing standard would be more difficult than PPR leagues.

Is standard any easier? The only difference is in valuation of pass-catchers vs workhouse RBs.

In today's day and age of NFL RBs it feels like playing standard would be more difficult than PPR leagues.

standard meaning snake, not standard vs ppr. snake draft is definitely easier, basically just follow ADP for an entire draft with a few minor exceptions.

I do agree standard scoring is probably a bit more difficult than .5 or full pt ppr

I don't want to do all the work that an auction league requires. Give me old faithful and just let me pick where my lot is drawn.

Plenty of year to work the waiver wire and trade with folks to get anybody I want to get.

the work is all just for the draft though which is 95% of the fun of fantasy imo. its not that much work though, just putting together a rough outline of how much you want to spend at each position. the draft is much more stressful but its not that much work.

i just dont like how where you end up in the draft plays such a major factor in how you do for the year. Salary cap - you can get any player you want if you are willing to pay the price.

yeah but it's all luck. You might get CMC as the top pick and he misses most of the season. Or if you have the 8th pick you get a guy who blows up and might be the #1 pick next year. and it's all about who you get in later rounds and on the waiver wire. always that unknown RB who takes the league by storm.

standard meaning snake, not standard vs ppr. snake draft is definitely easier, basically just follow ADP for an entire draft with a few minor exceptions.

I do agree standard scoring is probably a bit more difficult than .5 or full pt ppr
These kind of issues are why I like my weird super, super flex league. There are no precalculated cheatsheets to follow. Makes the draft much more unpredictable and fun. I was in another league a few years ago where the defensive team subtracted points 1 for 1. If you had Atlanta and they gave up 45 pts then subtract 45 points from your FF score. It made defense much more relevant.

Did you have to field a defense? I mean I can't imagine the average starting defense would be in the positive lol

that's why the Pit 20 team league is great. If you have the top pick, it's another 40ish picks til you get another which makes for fun strategizing. one year I had CMC as the top pick and he missed a lot and I still had a great year because I had some other guys come out of nowhere.

Wait that's actually a crazy format, I cannot even imagine.

"Yeah sorry Justin Jefferson went for 8/122/3 but since the Commanders let the Giants score 34 points it's basically a wash"

Enough people have responded here that I don't know why the relegation league died.

Who wants to play in our fantasy basketball league?

I went zero-RB in my 12-team, full-PPR draft and ended up with:

QB- Fields
RB- Dobbins
RB- Wheel of Mystery
WR- Wilson
WR- ARSB
TE- Mandrews

BE: Dotson
K. Herbert
Jamaal Williams
Charbonnet
Achane
Bigsby
Hunt
Fournette

I took Garrett Wilson far and ARSB slightly ahead of ADP, but I'm very high on both of them this year. Go get your guys.

I wasn't expecting Mandrews to make it back around to 3.9, so I was very happy with that, and it let this build work. It's hard to go zero-RB when you're starting Chig Okwonkwo at TE. The undisclosed injury has me a bit nervous, but he should be back at practice tomorrow.

I love the Fields/Moore stack and am hoping for a poor man's version of 2020 Allen and Diggs.

I normally try to stay away from two skill position players on the same team because it caps my upside, but Dobbins in the 6th was leagues better than the next-best available RB. Plus, I believe in the Ravens' offense this year, and expect Dobbins to be much better in year 2 off the ACL.

Dotson was another guy I didn't expect to be there at my spot (7.9). There's QB uncertainty, but I like betting on second-year breakouts for WR's who impress as rookies, and the McLaurin injury can only increase his opportunity.

If I'm not crazy about taking two skill position players on a great offense, I'm far less so about taking multiple Bears, but Khalil Herbert was the last starting RB left except for Mostert, and I thought I could play the ADP game and still get him. Narrator voice But he could not get him. /Voice

Jamaal Williams I expect to start the first three weeks with Kamara suspended and Miller battling the hamstring issue. At that point, I may very well cut him, but if I get three starts out of my ninth-rounder, that's a win.

Charbonnet, Achane, and Bigsby are all Day 2 picks in good offenses who should have a decent role and also have massive upside if the starters (a brittle group, to begin with) get hurt.

Hunt and Fournette are total fliers in the event they get signed to a starting role, either in Indy or to a team that loses a start in the next couple of days. In the extremely likely event they don't sign before Sunday, I'll drop them and pick up two of Roschon Johnson (yet another Bear, but the raving about him in camp is impossible to ignore), Deuce Vaughn (seems too small to make an impact, but more raves and Jake Ciely with The Athletic keeps comparing him to Tarik Cohen), Sean Tucker (enticing because I don't think White is good and Tucker could take over the backfield, but the quote from his OC today about him being a 1st/2nd down back is not encouraging, as that's not a valuable role on a bad offense if White retains the passing work), or Kendre Miller (highest draft capital and also has a chance to take the backfield if Kamara is washed, but has to get and stay healthy).

I think Wilson is gonna make you look smart. Same with Charbonnet, but I’m less sure of that one. He’s too talented not to, especially in a PPR league.

If Williams can start strong and hold his own after Kamara comes back (like he did with Swift in DET), then watch out

Haha, yes you had to play a defense and yes, it was soul-crushing to have your defense decide to tank and wipe out a record performance by your RB. I won't even discuss when your defense's offense gives up a couple of pick sixes. You actually had to consider the QB when picking a defense.

Last edited:
I do an auction draft but we all meet for the draft while drinking beer and talking shit. Takes about 3-4 hours. It’s a 2 QB league.

QB, D Jones, Tua, M Jones
RB- Stevenson, Etienne and Hall
WR- Adams, Wilson, Olave, Hopkins, M Williams, Dortch
TE- Waller, Kittle. Only play one so possible trade bait.
D- Dolphins
K- no clue.

Wilson just went for 50 in my auction, was hoping to get him for mid 30s. sucks

Back