• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite fast food fried chicken

Chicken

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not a huge fried chicken person, but I have heard that Royal Farms fried chicken is really good.

I like fried chicken, but don't eat it hardly ever. When I was a kid I liked KFC original recipe a lot, but in high school I had a friend who worked at KFC and talked about how they'd get the chicken and were supposed to clean the turds off the chicken before cooking it, but they never did, and, true or not, that kinda turned me off KFC.

Never been to Church's or Popeye's. From that list, I'd go with Bojangles, although to me their fried chicken can be kind of dry (the cajun chicken filet biscuit though is awesome).

I remember when Hardee's started serving fried chicken and how it was good. Wonder why they got rid of it. Hardee's is p gross now, although for my money they have by far the best fast food chain breakfast.

MountainFriedChicken_0.jpg

Does Ted's Kickin' Chicken count as "fried" chicken?

Does Ted's Kickin' Chicken count as "fried" chicken?

For sure. But that's on a different level than the fast food chains listed in the poll.

To be fair though, I wouldn't really lump the grocery stores into the fast food game either.

Not fast food, but I have had Publix fried chicken a few times and it is very good. Get the box and then go w/2 sides and rolls for just $13. I also like their wings - not fried.

I just ate the other day at a fried chicken place that every day of the week has a 2-3 hour wait time to get served. There's like a 50 yard line wait every day. Its easily the best fried chicken I've ever tasted, but I wouldn't say that the best fried chicken is worth a 2 hour wait. But if you like spicy shit (I can't handle it, I just got the plain) people swear by it.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/howlin-rays-los-angeles-3

Mostly nobody knows fried chicken here. Millenials include Chick-fil-A and Zack by whatever that is. Moonz only knows crap food. And then you debate if Harris teeter counts.

I feel like this is failing OG Boards failing click bait, but then I realize you are mostly all that noobish and un cultured

Not fast food, but Slappy's Chicken is pretty damn good. The sauce is really unique. I head over there about every 2 or 3 weeks for a fix. Give it a shot if you live in Winston.

Mostly nobody knows fried chicken here. Millenials include Chick-fil-A and Zack by whatever that is. Moonz only knows crap food. And then you debate if Harris teeter counts.

I feel like this is failing OG Boards failing click bait, but then I realize you are mostly all that noobish and un cultured

The thread is about fast food fried chicken, you donk. It's not about some hole in the wall place in your hometown that makes it. The South is full of those. Obviously anyone saying CFA or Zaxby's is dumb.

And for the record, Bojangles is good but Popeyes is better.

Woah a fella I work with but do t know but have met before was arrested for killing his wife. Fry that chicken! Daaaaannngggg

I just ate the other day at a fried chicken place that every day of the week has a 2-3 hour wait time to get served. There's like a 50 yard line wait every day. Its easily the best fried chicken I've ever tasted, but I wouldn't say that the best fried chicken is worth a 2 hour wait. But if you like spicy shit (I can't handle it, I just got the plain) people swear by it.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/howlin-rays-los-angeles-3

That's a Nashville hot chicken place you dolt!

Not fast food, but I have had Publix fried chicken a few times and it is very good. Get the box and then go w/2 sides and rolls for just $13. I also like their wings - not fried.

We used to shop at Publix when I was a kid living in FL. Today, my 12 year old son and I were going to the game and stopped by Publix to get some chicken. However, for some reason, had their subs instead. Best sub I have had in years. Can't wait to try their chicken for the next game if it is good as advertised.

Back