• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite fast food fried chicken

Chicken

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You must go to a lot of barbecues where they serve burgers and dogs

What are they supposed to serve at a barbecue? What the hell is a barbecue - in the context of an event? If someone invited me to a barbecue I would have no idea what to expect - I would assume they were cooking food outside on some sort of grilling apparatus but the food could be anything. Now, a pig-pickin' is self-explanatory. If they said they were grilling I would probably expect burgers and/or dogs, unless specified differently.
Of course I am speaking as a North Carolinian, where barbecue is a noun and refers to the food, not the event.

What are they supposed to serve at a barbecue? What the hell is a barbecue - in the context of an event? If someone invited me to a barbecue I would have no idea what to expect - I would assume they were cooking food outside on some sort of grilling apparatus but the food could be anything. Now, a pig-pickin' is self-explanatory. If they said they were grilling I would probably expect burgers and/or dogs, unless specified differently.
Of course I am speaking as a North Carolinian, where barbecue is a noun and refers to the food, not the event.

Correct. It's infuriating to hear people say they're going to host a barbecue when they mean a cookout.

If you were invited to a picnic where they said there was going to be fried chicken and you showed up and there was nothing but a bunch of Chick-Fil-A sandwiches, would you be a bit surprised ?

I would be ecstatic.

Zaxby's does have bone-in wings though. But I can see that in this case moonz is just trying to rate them for straightforward bone-in action on the bigger stuff, so in that case leaving Zaxby's/Raising Cane's/etc out is acceptable.

Moonz sure loves having a bone in his mouth.

Rocky's Hot Fried Chicken Shack in Asheville is great, and far enough from downtown that all the tourists and skinny jean hipsters hadn't blown up the spot. Use to eat lunch there on the reg, although it has been some years now since I've been there so maybe it's washed out.

Rocky's Hot Fried Chicken Shack in Asheville is great, and far enough from downtown that all the tourists and skinny jean hipsters hadn't blown up the spot. Use to eat lunch there on the reg, although it has been some years now since I've been there so maybe it's washed out.

Hey hey hey don't go telling everyone. It's still great though. I probably go at least once a week.

I've only ever been to the S. Asheville one and it's great. We prob go once a month.

This is a good answer and worth driving to but most every town has a great fried chicken joint that is not a chain that everybody in that towns hits up. In Spartanburg, its Francines or Hub City Chicken or Big Glenn's Grill. We used to have a Lee's chicken joint that may or may not have been a chain that was incredible, but closed a couple of years back.

My favorite fried chicken in Moore County is probably Pete's Family Restaurant in Carthage. Tasty stuff.

Smithfield's is the best chain chicken in Moore County, just ahead of Bojangles. Biscuitville makes the best spicy chicken biscuit now.

My favorite fried chicken in Moore County is probably Pete's Family Restaurant in Carthage. Tasty stuff.

Smithfield's is the best chain chicken in Moore County, just ahead of Bojangles. Biscuitville makes the best spicy chicken biscuit now.

Ate Pete's on Sunday. Love that place.

Got a BoJ's Cajun filet biscuit today and I don't know but I've been kind of underwhelmed the past couple of BoJ's experiences. It is weird to admit as a North Carolinian.

Got a BoJ's Cajun filet biscuit today and I don't know but I've been kind of underwhelmed the past couple of BoJ's experiences. It is weird to admit as a North Carolinian.

Some operators are superior to others but you usually do pretty well in the corporate stores. You just have to be dialed in with the Charlotte mafia to know which are which.

I've found Bojangles to have an insane amount of variation in quality. The one on University, by the ABC store in Winston is one of the worst I've ever been to.

Back