• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite scene from The Wire

How my hair look Mike? You look good, girl.

McNulty's epic bender when he drunk dials his ex wife, wrecks his car (once accidentally, twice intentionally), grabs late night diner food, and then bangs the waitress.

"The Wire: Backwash (#2.7)" (2003)
Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: Now look. We all got roles to play.
Det. Lester Freamon: What's your role?
Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick.
Det. Lester Freamon: You give yourself too much credit.
Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: OK, then. I ain't all that humble.

they're all so so good. also a fan when my boy Bodie refuses to leave his corner and gets got by Michael

That wasn't Michael. They didn't want his first kill to be somebody that he knew. That was one of the other young guys.

There are about 30 I can think of without even trying that are better than any scene in Breaking Bad history.

"The Wire: Backwash (#2.7)" (2003)
Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: Now look. We all got roles to play.
Det. Lester Freamon: What's your role?
Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick.
Det. Lester Freamon: You give yourself too much credit.
Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: OK, then. I ain't all that humble.

this scene is excellent writing and the extended metaphor plays out throughout the series

it's kind of unrealistic, stilted, and over the top writing, but it's still an outstanding scene

i think the best lines of the series are like that though, like this:

Just finished the series. Avon and Stringer on the balcony was probably my favorite.

Amazing show. I just wish S5 would have been better. It peaked in 3 and 4. No shame though cause those two seasons were tv perfected.

Season 5 was condensed to 10 episodes by HBO, so it feels rushed. Not to mention the absurdity of what McNulty/Lester were doing with the homeless murders. But, in the context of Simon's view of things, using an absurd notion to close the series was probably apropos.

Landsman's closing eulogy of McNulty was a thing of beauty.

I didn't realize Snoop was played by a real life chick named Snoop who wasn't an actress prior to the show and did like 6 years in the can for killing a chick.

I didn't realize Snoop was played by a real life chick named Snoop who wasn't an actress prior to the show and did like 6 years in the can for killing a chick.

I didn't realize Snoop was a chick for like half a season.

Apparently Michael Kenneth Williams was in a club and met Snoop and went to David Simon and was like "This girl is Baltimore."

2:36 mark is the hardest I've laughed at a Wire episode

Wish I could find better quality, but yerp indeed, Snoop. Yerp, indeed.

Back