• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

fence rider moving BuzzOut...

Tree should get some rebopunds by being a mismatch at either 2/3. Moto is supposed to be a good rebounder.

Tyler may be a decent rebounder it's tough to tell playing with coleman in HS and AAU.

When we get more talent, I expect Bz to be able to run a very good offensive system. But I think the rebounding and defensive woes are here to stay regardless of who we bring in.

Blame whomever for the way our roster is right now, but it is what it is. If people cant look out at that squad and be thankful for every win then I really dont know what to tell you. We need to continue to tread water this year until we can have a full team next year. If we aren't a pretty good team next year I'll be surprised, and will agree that changes may be in order. Until then, sit back and just enjoy wins when we get them.

Blame whomever for the way our roster is right now, but it is what it is. If people cant look out at that squad and be thankful for every win then I really dont know what to tell you. We need to continue to tread water this year until we can have a full team next year. If we aren't a pretty good team next year I'll be surprised, and will agree that changes may be in order. Until then, sit back and just enjoy wins when we get them.

Well said but people will continue to flip out and act stupid. It's in their blood.

59% from the arc may be a measure of success, but to me it's doesn't really translate to a team that is playing well in any part of the rest of it's game. It is statistically at one end of the possibilities. IMO it means a team has had a hot night and got lucky that the ball was dropping.

A team shooting that well (add the FT% to the mix) and blowing out a bad team or beating a tough opponent means success. A team shooting that well and barely beating HP? That means there are major problems and we got lucky to win...and barely avoided that embarrassing loss...having to hit lots of big shots to do it.

Rebounding has been a part of every college team Bzz has coached, regardless of size. Losing 12-2 on offensive rebounds is being totally out-hustled on the floor. That is starting to disturb me.

Shooting FTs and keeping TOs down is great. Mid mid-majors do that. I'm glad we're finally getting to that point. I'm increasingly concerned we will not get much beyond that. I expected to see a team playing much better than last year so I understand why BuzzOuters are leaning "in", but I'm not seeing improvements in areas that Bzz is known to have issues and I guess that's what bothers me.

Except we don't even try to get offensive rebounds. Everybody just gets back on defense and doesn't even try to get a rebound. It's not that they're getting out-hustled, it's that they aren't even trying. That's coaching.

Except we don't even try to get offensive rebounds. Everybody just gets back on defense and doesn't even try to get a rebound. It's not that they're getting out-hustled, it's that they aren't even trying. That's coaching.

And I'm sure that the coaches have looked at the odds of our undersized squad getting offensive rebounds vs getting back on D and concluded we are better off getting back rather than risking a lot of runouts by crashing the offensive glass.

7 scholarship players? plenty of teams (-cough-duke-cough) play against good teams with a 7 player rotation. i would be worried playing an acc game with only 7 players but its high -f-ing point. i miss the days when a high point win was 1 - never in doubt and 2 - barely even mentioned. now it's a big win.

I read that and thought the same thing. Didn't Duke win a national title a few years back playing a 7 man rotation all year?

When we get more talent, I expect Bz to be able to run a very good offensive system. But I think the rebounding and defensive woes are here to stay regardless of who we bring in.

This is very true offensively for any team who employs a version of the Princton Offense. It's not posisbile to be a good offensive rebounding team in such a set.

however this is partially offset by shooting a higher percentage than a team normally would and tiring the opposition by chase the ball on defense.

There is only one or two freshman putting up big rebounding numbers in the ACC right now. In fact, DFS is the only one that comes to mind.

And I'm sure that the coaches have looked at the odds of our undersized squad getting offensive rebounds vs getting back on D and concluded we are better off getting back rather than risking a lot of runouts by crashing the offensive glass.

Against High Point? If our players are as bad as you seem to think they are why the fuck bother fielding a team?

I get it that you fucktards had you're feelings hurt when Wellman didn't hire a big name coach that you could brag about around the water cooler. That much is obvious. If you're pissed about the hire, bash Wellman, it was his idea. Denigrating buzz in the ugly fashion that you guys have done is pitiful, childish, stupid, and ridiculous, but I've seen nothing from the terrible triumvirate of ChrisL, the L stands for LOWF, Millhouse, and Hulka to expect anything different.

i don't think i've ever denigrated buzz in an ugly fashion other than calling him a mediocre to crappy coach, and i think wake can do better. my feelings aren't hurt at all.

now, you deserve all shit you get. not because you are buzzin, but because you suck moose cock as a poster.

Against High Point? If our players are as bad as you seem to think they are why the fuck bother fielding a team?

Well for 1, with our limited roster, especially last night, I'd rather them get back on D than crash the glass, not get the off reb, and have to start chasing the other team down the court. That wears on a team with limited depth.

Plus, without Green, we really only had 2 players with any real size, neither of whom rebound that well.

With 7 players, no size and no depth, you have to pick your poison and play to your strengths. Crashing the offensive glass is just not going to be one our strengths, regardless of opponent.

Apparently, TC played well last evening. We have been all over him, now perhaps we should give him credit for the improvement. Also, his post-game interview was well done. Notwithstanding his weaknesses this kid strikes me as the toughest player we have. I think he loved the atmosphere and pressure at HP.

There are no excuses this year for losing to or getting outplayed by a weak team. I did not watch the game, I listened to most of it, but the box score is horrible.

Offensive rebounds: HP 12, Wake 2.
Total Rebounds: HP 32, Wake 26.
Shots taken: HP 63, Wake 48.
Assists: HP 21, Wake 19.
TOs: HP 11, Wake 13.

If they had shot decent from the FT or we had shot a little less than 59% from the 3, we would have lost this game.....to High Point...without all that "team distraction". We pretty much suck.

I'm beginning to think that all this talk about "team distraction" and "team culture" and "bad apples" was more distracting and damaging than the actual problems we had.

Welcome to team BUZZ OUT!!

GO DWEACS

You know it wouldn't have been against the rules to have brought in some impact newcomers this season.

Apparently, TC played well last evening. We have been all over him, now perhaps we should give him credit for the improvement. Also, his post-game interview was well done. Notwithstanding his weaknesses this kid strikes me as the toughest player we have. I think he loved the atmosphere and pressure at HP.

one game does not validate that he is improved. it's a good sign but he needs to keep playing well.

Is that true with every team Bz has coached?

Here are his Colorado #s.

2009-10...7.4 OReb/g, 341th nationally.
2008-09...6.5, 343th.
2007-08...8.0, 329th.

Bracketed by.

2006-07...13.1, 56th.
2010-11...11.8, 128th.

It's obvious that backing off the boards IS his strategy. I'm not sure it's going to change regardless of recruiting.

Back