• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

fence rider moving BuzzOut...

You know it wouldn't have been against the rules to have brought in some impact newcomers this season.

There was only one guy Dino left us with a shot at that late-Sullivan. Why we didn't sign him is a puzzle....

Is that true with every team Bz has coached?

Here are his Colorado #s.

2009-10...7.4 OReb/g, 341th nationally.
2008-09...6.5, 343th.
2007-08...8.0, 329th.

Bracketed by.

2006-07...13.1, 56th.
2010-11...11.8, 128th.

It's obvious that backing off the boards IS his strategy. I'm not sure it's going to change regardless of recruiting.

I'd be curious where his teams ranked in FG% and 3PT%. Maybe its a "shoot the ball better, less off reb opportunities" philosophy.

rj, a lot of Acc teams brought in big men from Europe or grad students in this summer. Bringing 6 rookies in next fall left us holding the bag for another season.

i don't think i've ever denigrated buzz in an ugly fashion other than calling him a mediocre to crappy coach, and i think wake can do better. my feelings aren't hurt at all.

now, you deserve all shit you get. not because you are buzzin, but because you suck moose cock as a poster.

Hey dickbreath, er Milhouse, the only good poster you'd know anything about would be one hanging on a wall.

Yeah, how tough is it to find a former football player who played a little basketball in high school, has basketball eligibility, and isn't doing anything else at the moment? Tell him that his only job is to rebound and play defense, and that he has a 1-year scholarship to take some grad classes and live for free.

I was dissapointed in the coaching last night.

1) Up 12-15 We should have been running slower tempo and force feeding the ball into the post
2) No visible adjustment on Barbour (although I was listening to Stan and Dinger)

How did they let Barbour go off?

Is that true with every team Bz has coached?

Here are his Colorado #s.

2009-10...7.4 OReb/g, 341th nationally.
2008-09...6.5, 343th.
2007-08...8.0, 329th.

Bracketed by.

2006-07...13.1, 56th.
2010-11...11.8, 128th.

It's obvious that backing off the boards IS his strategy. I'm not sure it's going to change regardless of recruiting.

I would use OR% instead of just OR/g. Here are those numbers:

2006-330th
2007-332nd
2008-323rd
2009-342nd
2010-341st
2011-321st
2012-334th

It is clearly a blatant effort to get back on defense and disallow easy transition buckets. I do wish we were better at stopping opponents in transition though haha.

As long as the players come out with the energy needed for them to execute well and play team ball then I'll be happy with this season. So far we have had at least two losses where that was not the case at all (and, arguably, a couple of victories as well).

27, could you give the fg% for those years as well?

I read that and thought the same thing. Didn't Duke win a national title a few years back playing a 7 man rotation all year?

Big difference between having a 7-man "rotation" with a couple of Burger boys sitting on the bench and having 7 scholarship players on the squad total (soon to be 8). How many of our 7 scholly players would make Duke's "rotation"?

McKie and CJ.

Now how many of High Point's players would break our rotation?

That said, there's a huge difference between picking a 7 man rotation out of a 12 man roster and "picking" a 7 man rotation out of a 7 man rotation.

Milhouse,

I just walked across the hall and showed some of your posts to the psychologist in the office there. I asked for his analysis of who you might be.

After a review, his opinion, and he has high esteem in the psychological community, is that you're either Lobo's wife, or the housemaid who washes Lobo's underwear.

Big difference between having a 7-man "rotation" with a couple of Burger boys sitting on the bench and having 7 scholarship players on the squad total (soon to be 8). How many of our 7 scholly players would make Duke's "rotation"?

FWIW, we actually have 8 eligible players at the moment and as of Saturday we will have 9. Daniel was just sick last night.

dekefreke2 may have the worst insults of anybody on this board or the deaconsports board ever.

I mean, really. Just call Milhouse a lazy fucking misanthrope who could never pleasure a woman and only gets joy from mocking those who happen to have lives that suck less than his (in other words, pretty much everyone).

Of course, calling him that won't change the fact that he is right and you are wrong. But at least you won't look like a pansy while posting.

Last edited:
fyi boys, you might move up to the big leagues one day. It's rareified air up here.

Milhouse,

I just walked across the hall and showed some of your posts to the psychologist in the office there. I asked for his analysis of who you might be.

After a review, his opinion, and he has high esteem in the psychological community, is that you're either Lobo's wife, or the housemaid who washes Lobo's underwear.

Patient: Why is the janitor ranting about something on a message board?

Doctor: Just humor him.........

Back