• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fight results

Stevenson - Santos not exactly a contender for Fight of the Year thru 3

Halfway through and we have a contender for Dullest Fight of the Year. Crowd has been booing the lack of action every single round.

Well, thru 9 and Stevenson seems content to win by only throwing jabs. He could've left his power hand at home.

Pretty surprised by the scoring though. Would like to know what rounds Santos won.

As to scoring, Conceicao got a draw in a bout where he was dropped twice, AND he clearly lost the last 3 rounds. Had to be helped to his corner in the 11th. Riddle me THAT, Batman ...

Ramirez (Champ, CUB) vs Espinoza (MEX) WBO FW Championship
Ramirez fighting in front of a very friendly, boisterous crowd, but Espinoza has come to fight. Each has thrown an illegal shot so far. Espinoza leading (I think) thru 2nd

Ramirez (5'6") cannot get inside effectively against Espinoza (6'1"!). When he does try to work inside, Espinoza nails him with an uppercut. Great fight thru 4.

OOOH - in a sharp turnaround, Espinoza has been saved by the bell in the 5th! A right hook drops the challenger who needed 2 attempts just to stand up.

Ramirez has found the timing with his right hook, landing it consistently over the Espinoza left jab. Just a great action-packed fight, Espinoza is not backing down and is having his moments. Thru 6 now.

Espinoza wobbled badly in 7th by a left hook. He responds by charging forward and throwing with Ramirez till the bell. Wild finish to the 7th.

I feel like Espinoza has reasserted himself in the 9th after surviving some clean, viscious shots in the 7th & 8th rounds. Interesting as we go into the 10th ...

Little-known Espinoza has won the last two rounds (IMO), but I doubt he'll get a decision against the champ - especially in Ramirez's back yard. But we shall see- to the championship rounds we go!

11th - Espinoza outworks Ramirez badly, though most of his shots had little steam. Will it be enough?
12th - Ramirez down after relentless pressure in the last 1:40! OMG! This fight should go to Espinoza! But, this being boxing - you never know - let's see ...

Espinoza comes from nowhere to capture the belt!!! Majority Decision. What a great bout this was to watch

Colby is most hateable dude in UFC. I know he is probably intentionally a heel, but he sucks at it.

Josh Emmett just knocked a guy out so hard he went into a seizure. Never seen that before. Kinda scary

Back