• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Bz Ad in Gboro N&R, Day 4 = HEADSHOT

I can't keep up with this thread, but Tudor thinks Bz will be out - http://www.wncn.com/story/21639836/tudor-3-to-watch-are-paige-kelly-[Redacted]#.UUHXj6JQiB8.twitter

Didn't know Tudor was a little old lady.

21639836_BG1.jpg

I just want this ass-hat gone so I can blame losing my NCAA pool on putting wake IN the final four every year rather than for being an idiot.

This statement contains soooo much painful truth...

From Dr. Bowen - the band director

From Dean

". I also read sometime last summer that the 2012 WFU Basketball Team had the lowest GPA in the whole ACC...we were lower than Miami and FL State. I know some of our players make excellent grades...so how bad did those others have to be? That was a result of not attending classes. It tells me that most of those players last year had to transfer because there would have been no team for the first semester because of academic probation...he may have been able to put together 5 players. And there was a good possibility some of them wouldn't have been academically eligible after Christmas. Again, a lot of this was set in motion before Coach [Redacted] came. I'm not saying he should stay but it's not ALL his fault."

Ah yes, players had bad grades at one of the toughest academic schools in the conference where they have to take real classes and all of a sudden it's Dino's fault. Even if that were true, isn't it on Buzz and his staff to make sure the players go to class and study? Or was it the ghost-hand of Dino that kept the players from seeing their tutors?

2012 was well into [Redacted]'s new "culture". So last year the team had academic problems and this year they had a drug issue swept under the rug? This is what RW says we are willing to "sacrifice wins" for?

Don't know if anyone has posted this USA Today article yet. It's from around 1PM http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/03/14/wake-forest-[Redacted]-greensboro-newspaper/1987241/

He hit the nail on the head with this one!

"Because when it comes to [Redacted]'s future, the mind of athletic director Ron Wellman has to be made up, or close to it. Unless Wake makes an unexpected run deep into the ACC tournament -- where they haven't won a game there since 2007 -- the body of work is there. Nothing is going to change this weekend. It's up to Wellman to either pull the plug now or see [Redacted]'s snail-like progress as a sign that Wake is on the verge of a 2017 NCAA tournament berth and retain him."

Last edited:
Following the other thread, what will you do if Buzz is fired tonight? Since we have the space maybe we could start a #ShakaIn movement?

[Redacted]'s teams are worse than the sum of their parts. Consistently.

He makes Dino look like an overachiever. That's what I don't get about folks who defend Bz with the "but Dino lost to Cleveland State" argument.

Following the other thread, what will you do if Buzz is fired tonight? Since we have the space maybe we could start a #ShakaIn movement?

I say change it to positive facts about Wake Forest basketball. Didn't VT state that he couldn't be #ShakaIn because of his new job?

Twitter / email bombard espn. Interesting that Andy katz hasn't done anything after all of his emails this morning.

I've seen him on TV a few times during the Big East championship. I suspect he's busy.

So I just traded emails with Kenny Beck. They are doing a story on WXII tonight. It will be covered by their news folks, not sports.

When does Wellman leave for Indy? Tomorrow morning or this weekend?

By the way, my son and I will be wearing our #BuzzOut shirts tonight. Who esle is going to the game? Scalpers are selling tickets for $20 bucks. If you are near Greensboro and don't have tickets, bring your paper and come on out.

I say change it to positive facts about Wake Forest basketball. Didn't VT state that he couldn't be #ShakaIn because of his new job?

The new boss is busy through at least April so I'm not starting for a little while; I'm a free man to do as I please. I'll shamelessly self-promote the resulting free time I have in case anybody wants to throw some MKTG or graphics projects this way in the next couple of months... Once Bz is fired tonight, I don't know what I'll be doing with myself.

Back