• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Clawson?

Firing Wellman is long overdue but I don't want our Pres hiring anyone in athletics.

Clawson is a high energy competitor. Give him time to put his team together and see what happens. That said, our play calling is mysteriously poor. Granted that our Oline limits our options, but the play calling is just bad.

We've got what 2, maybe 3 different running plays? I think the play calls in the pass game are okay when we have time to throw, but the vanilla running plays stink.

You could have lane kiffin as OC and Derek Henry at TB and the run game would still suck. Our OL is lol bad. Hard to play call for suck

You could have lane kiffin as OC and Derek Henry at TB and the run game would still suck. Our OL is lol bad. Hard to play call for suck

Yeah, but I believe I'd try something other than hand the ball off out of the gun and let the tailback look for an Olineman's ass to run into over and over again.

Is our run game dramatically better than last year? It feels that way.

No, the bar was set so low last year, that worms could get under it without even coming out of the ground. It's a lot better, but still really bad.

Couldn't worms do that no matter the height of the bar?

Least Clawson shows energy and enthusiasm on the sidelines. Grobe on the other hand appeared to be comatose.

Least Clawson shows energy and enthusiasm on the sidelines. Grobe on the other hand appeared to be comatose.

Grobe was never really emotional on the sidelines, but he was under Wellman so long it got worse.

Welp, there's the youth card. Now if someone will run the the end of the long tail and posit some outliers, all will be right in Deacon land.

If it weren't for four big plays, we would've won!

It's better by talent. Our freshmen backs and QB are much better runners than last year's squad.

The best or so we're told is yet to come, looking forward to seeing Rocky Reid on the field next year.

It's better by talent. Our freshmen backs and QB are much better runners than last year's squad.

Believe it or not I think the OL has improved at run blocking too. There were more plays last year where defenders beat the ball to the RB than I care to remember.

Believe it or not I think the OL has improved at run blocking too. There were more plays last year where defenders beat the ball to the RB than I care to remember.

No, it's definitely better, but really bad is an improvement over god awful. Maybe next year we'll be "meh" at least.

Back