• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Clawson?

The guy has shown he can build a program. From 0-11, 3-8, 7-4, 10-3, 9-4 at Fordham to 3-8, 9-4, 6-5, 11-3 at Richmond to 7-6, 2-10, 5-7, 8-5, 10-3 at Bowling Green (with conference championships at each school). Let's hope he can do it here, too.

I will say to start that this was the coach I wanted. I see improvement and if you don't you are not watching. We are breaking in two oline guys at the edges who are big and strong. Both recruited by Clawson and company. Our skill players are better and more are on the way. We have 20 commitments to add to the youth movement underway. Big dline men and more skill players. I was a big Grobe fan and still appreciate all that he did but this cupboard was pretty bare when Claw arrived. He is retooling on the fly and recruiting his(and staff) buns off. Patience folks.

Too soon on Clawson, too late on Ron.

It is way too late on Athletic Director Ron Wellman. He should have been long gone due to his hire of Jeffy B then not firing him after realizing the mistake at the two year mark. Why our trustees do not make that call is beyond most peoples comprehension but couple all that with not having a basketball goal work for basketball madness and you show his pure genius.

It is way too late on Athletic Director Ron Wellman. He should have been long gone due to his hire of Jeffy B then not firing him after realizing the mistake at the two year mark. Why our trustees do not make that call is beyond most peoples comprehension but couple all that with not having a basketball goal work for basketball madness and you show his pure genius.

You do realize that trustees are largely a ceremonial position, with no real authority, and who are honored for their gift giving. Natty O runs the school, period.

You do realize that trustees are largely a ceremonial position, with no real authority, and who are honored for their gift giving. Natty O runs the school, period.

I don't know anything about how colleges are operated, but that is definitely not the case with other large nonprofits.

I don't know anything about how colleges are operated, but that is definitely not the case with other large nonprofits.

It's also not the case at Wake.

I will say to start that this was the coach I wanted. I see improvement and if you don't you are not watching. We are breaking in two oline guys at the edges who are big and strong. Both recruited by Clawson and company. Our skill players are better and more are on the way. We have 20 commitments to add to the youth movement underway. Big dline men and more skill players. I was a big Grobe fan and still appreciate all that he did but this cupboard was pretty bare when Claw arrived. He is retooling on the fly and recruiting his(and staff) buns off. Patience folks.

So do you agree it was time to show Grobe the door?

Yes, Clawson is a get, and is doing a very good job. Anyone who thinks he wasn't left a disaster is a moron.

Yes, Clawson is a get, and is doing a very good job. Anyone who thinks he wasn't left a disaster is a moron.

Agreed, but you can't stick with him as long as we did with Grobe. If he can't produce a winning record in year 4, he needs to be shown the door.

We stuck with Grobe because he produced a winning record in Year 1. Of course we didn't realize how good those players were.

Agreed, but you can't stick with him as long as we did with Grobe. If he can't produce a winning record in year 4, he needs to be shown the door.

David Cutcliffe was coming off his 2nd 3-9 (1-7) year at Duke in a row year 4.

We stuck with Grobe because he produced a winning record in Year 1. Of course we didn't realize how good those players were.

In year 2 as well, plus a bowl victory. We didn't give Grobe too long, he earned a lot of equity, but it was time for him to go when he did. The disappointing thing to me is he left the program in such bad shape.

David Cutcliffe was coming off his 2nd 3-9 (1-7) year at Duke in a row year 4.

And Duke made a significant effort, as a university, to improve its football program from the classroom to facilities. Until Wake Forest does the same, Jim Harbaugh and Nick Saban won't win here either.

And Duke made a significant effort, as a university, to improve its football program from the classroom to facilities. Until Wake Forest does the same, Jim Harbaugh and Nick Saban won't win here either.

Our success in 2006 had a lot to do with that I've heard, will their success have the same effect on us?

Back