• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Talib calls out Meadows for using the HUD employee as a prop. Meadows and another Pub want it stricken from the record.

Cummings attempts to clear everything up. Meadows attempts to use Cummings as his "black friend" and Cummings cuts him off.

Hey guys! Meadows has black nieces and nephews.

Now Meadows calls Talib racist.

This is good drama right here.

Talib laying down the law for the black person prop stunt.

Meadows losing his shit.

OK, let's finish this up and get back to Cohen, folks.

Cummings now confirms that he is Meadows' black friend.

Defs not racist

But you just suggested Trump is far from the only person who lies to lower his taxes.

That's true. Trump is far from being the only person who tries to minimize his tax burden, and sometimes by questionable means. And actually, I've never met anyone who tries to maximize their tax burden.

AOC did a great job. No grandstanding, tied it into her district (where there is a Trump golf course) and provided a discrete issue for further investigation regarding tax reporting and insurance reporting on Trump properties.

Did you have any thoughts about other democrats' jobs?

Anybody except all the people who make as much money they can and honest report their earnings.

Pretty meh from what I heard. Lots of grandstanding. I’d like to hear AOC’s whole questioning again.

I preferred the ones who treat it as an attorney on cross-examination (rather than grandstanding and spending a couple minutes talking about purpose or esoteric concepts). I thought Sarbanes, Lynch, Welch and Plaskett all stood out.

It’s amazing to me how poor many members are at questioning to be in Congress. It’s why I value having litigators in Congress.

Pretty meh from what I heard. Lots of grandstanding. I’d like to hear AOC’s whole questioning again.

Agreed. Pressley stood out to me in a negative way. She got the sound byte she wanted but applauding the role the oversight committee plays under democrat control and asking if Cohen believes someone can help a black woman out and still be racist seemed to me to be a waste of time.

I'm convinced. Trump is the only person in America who wants his property taxed as little as possible and therefore evaluated as low as possible for tax purposes. I've never heard of such a thing. No one does that. It's un-American. He should be taken out and shot immediately, even before he gets back from Vietnam. The horror!

Good job little red lubette!

Wanting to have your property taxed as little as possible and representing different values for tax and insurance purposes (as Cohen alleged) are different. The former us a desire while the latter is a crime. You know this sailor.

That's true. Trump is far from being the only person who tries to minimize his tax burden, and sometimes by questionable means. And actually, I've never met anyone who tries to maximize their tax burden.

Questionable means? It’s called fraud and it’s illegal.

Wanting to have your property taxed as little as possible and representing different values for tax and insurance purposes (as Cohen alleged) are different. The former us a desire while the latter is a crime. You know this sailor.

Why would you assume that? I haven’t seen any evidence in the boards to make such a leap.

Agreed. Pressley stood out to me in a negative way. She got the sound byte she wanted but applauding the role the oversight committee plays under democrat control and asking if Cohen believes someone can help a black woman out and still be racist seemed to me to be a waste of time.

Completely agree. Tliab going after Meadows was entertaining but also wholly unnecessary.

They needed to hammer down specifics. Basic facts aren’t going to change any minds but they could help investigations. Nobody was going to be swayed about Trump’s racial attitudes.

Seems like nobody asked Cohen about his time as RNC finance chair. That was a missed opportunity. Seems like neither side coordinates. They should be able to organize the questions in a way that weaves a cohesive story. Then save the last two or three rounds of questions for additional follow up.

And agreed. AOC’s questions can lead to follow up requests and investigations. Calling Meadows a racist isn’t going to.

I'm convinced. Trump is the only person in America who wants his property taxed as little as possible and therefore evaluated as low as possible for tax purposes. I've never heard of such a thing. No one does that. It's un-American. He should be taken out and shot immediately, even before he gets back from Vietnam. The horror!

Good job little red lubette!

Cadet Bones spurs getting shot upon return from ‘Nam 45 years after getting a fake deferment would be ironic.

I think I’ll start referring to Trump supporters as “Little Boners” in reference to his bone spurs. It’s a pretty clever nickname, I think. I hope it catches on.

Back