• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FiveThirtyEight midterms projections update: Republicans favored to take the Senate

I don't think Nunn can win. She's a woman who will be painted as a liberal Obama supporter in a state like Georgia. And for that matter, the Perdue name carries some weight in Georgia, too.

Any Dem in Georgia is going to be painted as a liberal Obama supporter. I don't know that she can win, but I think she is as good a nominee as the Dems could have hoped for. The Perdue name certainly carries weight in Georgia, but I don't think it gets any Dems to flip to the GOP, the way I think the Nunn name can. Like I said, I'm skeptical that it will be enough, but I think it will be a lot more interesting than any statewide race since I've lived here.

My grandad started the first law office in Perry with the older Sam Nunn and my mom knew them growing up. Nice people from everything I've heard.

That's all I have to contribute here to this thread haha.

...and now Perry is full of Claimant's lawyers trying to get $15k for every worker at the Perdue chicken plant who claims carpal tunnel syndrome.

It should not and does not matter, but Michelle Nunn is holy smokes ugly. She looks like a transgender Bill Gates.

Looks like her dad.

It should not and does not matter, but Michelle Nunn is holy smokes ugly. She looks like a transgender Bill Gates.

The good news for her is that as long as Wasserman Schultz is around, the title of Ugliest Democrat is on lockdown. That woman looks like she chews up mouthfuls of gravel for fun in her spare time. Michelle Nunn just looks like her Dad with a wig on.

I'm ready for full Republican control of all this shit. I swear to God, let's do it.

That would be terrible for the GOP in 2016. Reasonable Republicans would lose.

Of course, Jon Stewart, John Oliver, Stephen Colbert and Bill Maher may like it. They could make $50M a year.

That would be terrible for the GOP in 2016. Reasonable Republicans would lose.

Of course, Jon Stewart, John Oliver, Stephen Colbert and Bill Maher may like it. They could make $50M a year.

I assumed "All" included the Presidency in 2016. Unless we're talking veto proof majority.

The math is badly against the GOP to win the WH in 2016 or even 2020 without a polar change. They will lose 95% of the black vote again. The Dems got 73% of the Asian vote. The Dems got 71% of the Hispanic vote. Given the GOP's hate-filled rhetoric about immigration, that number is likely to grow. Add all of the above to the GOP's woes with losing women and how do they win the WH in 2016.

Maybe if the Dems ran Anthony Weiner, the GOP would have an outside chance, but he's not running.

I got an email last week asking if I had "abandoned the GOP" and much like Charlie Crist my answer is that they have abandoned me.

The math is badly against the GOP to win the WH in 2016 or even 2020 without a polar change. They will lose 95% of the black vote again. The Dems got 73% of the Asian vote. The Dems got 71% of the Hispanic vote. Given the GOP's hate-filled rhetoric about immigration, that number is likely to grow. Add all of the above to the GOP's woes with losing women and how do they win the WH in 2016.

Maybe if the Dems ran Anthony Weiner, the GOP would have an outside chance, but he's not running.

I wasn't claiming it was going to happen, only inquiring if WakeandBake was ready for it. Thus my mention of Tea Party instead of Republicans.

Im pretty sure Hagan is gonna pull it out which I think will keep the Senate in the D's hands. Some of the lobbyists I know are all pretty confident Tillis has some skeletons and just isnt a good enough candidate to bet a very vulnerable senator. Hagan is horrible. Tillis is too. Pretty sure I'll skip thus part of the ballot when I vote.

I don't think Hagan is that bad. Tillis is just horrible IMO. I don't see how the GOP wins a nationwide election any time soon.

Tillis' current strategy is hide. Once he won the primary, he completely disappeared off the radar.

All about turnout

I am more and more impressed by Steve Schmidt every time I see, hear, read his level-headed, pragmatic, big picture view of the future of the Republican party. If you're a Republican, and this guy isn't on your staff, you are wrong.

I agree with ONW. Schmidt knows his stuff. You get the feeling McCain gradually stopped listening to him in the 2008 campaign.

Back