• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FiveThirtyEight midterms projections update: Republicans favored to take the Senate

I am more and more impressed by Steve Schmidt every time I see, hear, read his level-headed, pragmatic, big picture view of the future of the Republican party. If you're a Republican, and this guy isn't on your staff, you are wrong.

Schmidt, Colin Powell, Matthew Dowd, Mark McKinnon, and Niccole Wallace are all sharp, reasonable, and pragmatic. Seems unbelievable they worked in the same administration as Cheney, Rove, and Rumsfeld.

Schmidt, Colin Powell, Matthew Dowd, Mark McKinnon, and Niccole Wallace are all sharp, reasonable, and pragmatic. Seems unbelievable they worked in the same administration as Cheney, Rove, and Rumsfeld.

If the GOP would listen to the guys above vs still listening to Rove, Cheney, & the tea party I'd be more inclined to listen to what they have to say.

As is I still can't see the pubs taking NC or LA this fall with the current vibe coming out of the party.

Hagan is a better Senator than Liddy Dole, that's for sure. Her biggest vulnerability is the vote for Obamacare. She has worked with Burr on several issues and voted against a few Dem iniatives - which is either cowardly flipflopping to try and win an election, or representing the majority of your constituents, depending on who is funding the attack ads. Tillis, of course, is doing exactly the same thing by trying to claw back some centrist credibility with this year's NC budget. I'd much rather have her representing North Carolina than Thom Tillis and his re-heated trickle down economics.

How about full Tea Party control? Ready for that?

Yes, let's do it. I'm in the top 15% income bracket, so I should benefit from all their policies. I'm done giving a shit about income inequality, equal opportunity, the environment, women's reproductive rights, foreign energy wars, etc. I'm ready to make more money and take care of my own, and if you don't work as hard as me then fuck you. I have a kid coming, all this liberal mamby pamby shit is worthless. Its all about me and my money first and foremost.

edit: not a troll. I am completely serious. I don't believe in any of it, but goddamn I am tired of fighting it. Frack, cut taxes on me and raise them on the lady who cleans the shitter in my office, send in troops, snoop the fucking email, warm the earth, give the bankers what they want, arm everyone. As long as I get richer quicker im good. I have to start saving for college.

Last edited:
:)

Fuck it, I'm 44, I figure I have 25-30 years left. 21 left working, which will take my son into adulthood. Why should I give a damn if the lady who cleans up my shit is making ends meet? I have busted my ass for almost 25 years to get where I am. I am through trying to address what will make this country great again. I'm through caring about America, and I am thinking about W&B and getting mine.

Last edited:

Fuck it, I'm 44, I figure I have 25-30 years left. 21 left working, which will take my son into adulthood. Why should I give a damn if the lady who cleans up my shit is making ends meet? I have busted my ass for almost 25 years to get where I am. I am through trying to address what will make this country great again. I'm through caring about America, and I am thinking about W&B and getting mine.

If you don't give a damn about this you will find out why soon enough.

You might be through trying to address all this but you are not through paying for what you have already addressed. The only way your taxes are going down is if you work less.

No one believes that you have achieved success on your own. What if your first grade teacher were to read this?

Which will come first: full SS retirement or death? SS retirement age is going to go up.

Give up on this plan. Care about America again. Find an excuse to go on disability.

Hagan is a better Senator than Liddy Dole, that's for sure. Her biggest vulnerability is the vote for Obamacare. She has worked with Burr on several issues and voted against a few Dem iniatives - which is either cowardly flipflopping to try and win an election, or representing the majority of your constituents, depending on who is funding the attack ads. Tillis, of course, is doing exactly the same thing by trying to claw back some centrist credibility with this year's NC budget. I'd much rather have her representing North Carolina than Thom Tillis and his re-heated trickle down economics.

...as well as the fact that she will vote for Harry Reid as majority leader and she is the same party as our currently unpopular President.

And Tillis will vote for Mitch McConnell (if he wins in KY) and he is the same party as our currently unpopular House majority (and currently unpopular Republican party in general).

That's a wash.

So i'm afraid (for the Dems) that there will be a much lower AA turnout in the next general election, for obvious reasons. Is that going to be an actual problem for the Dems, or am I just raciost?

And Tillis will vote for Mitch McConnell (if he wins in KY) and he is the same party as our currently unpopular House majority (and currently unpopular Republican party in general).

That's a wash.

Perhaps you are correct but I will be surprised to see Hagan adds with McConnell in them and I'll be surprised if I don't see Tillis adds with Reid, Pelosi and Obama in them. Just to pre-empt, yes she or a group supporting her would use McConnell adds if them thought they would be effective.

The party with more leadership has more targets. No question there. I think Hagan may run ads warning about the dangers of Pub control of the Senate.

Back