• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Deacs in the NFL

Is it common for players to linger on the same team’s practice squad for years like Bachman gas?

If he doesn’t get a spot with the giants, Belichek will pick him up

I don’t think he was a PWO. He played as a true freshman.

Is it common for players to linger on the same team’s practice squad for years like Bachman gas?

Some guys do that because the team is thin at a position yet everybody ahead stays healthy.

I don’t think he was a PWO. He played as a true freshman.

Thinking more about it I think I remember he was a very late addition, had no offers, and was hurt his Sr. year of h.s. I think he visited Wake on his own and sold himself to the coaching staff.

WF brought in 24 HS recruits out of the Class of 15. Bachman was not a walk-on. He was the #19 rated recruit in that class; he was a low-rated 3 star with no other reported offers. Bachman was rated just behind Jesse Bates in that WF recruiting class. That recruiting class also included Kendall Hinton, Scotty Washington and Matt Colburn.

The top rated recruit in WF class was QB Kyle Kearns. For his career, Kyle Kearns was 4 for 13 with no TDs and 2 picks. The #3 rated recruit was TE Bowman Archibald, who initially committed to Miami, flipped to WF, and then transferred out of WF without playing a down.

Don't forget about Rocky Reid from that class as well. 47th best RB in the nation- ended up at Campbell and played only 2 seasons there.

That class was the #51 class in the country according to 247. Ended up with 8 guys who had at least a cup of coffee in the NFL

From a pro scout who watches the Giants closely

WIDE RECEIVER

-Alex Bachman: 11 rec / 122 yards / 2 TD

I can’t remember the last time we saw a stat line out of a receiver in a preseason game from a guy who played under 50% of the snaps. How this team handles cuts at receiver will be one of the more interesting spots to watch and Bachman, who I had not projected to make the 53, did what he could to at least make the decision makers take another look at the third-year pro from Wake Forest. He is a hungry guy who plays hard and fast at all times. While he won’t make a difference with speed and explosion, there is something to be said for guys who play as hard as he does. He also made a big hit on special teams, another feather in his cap that coaches do care about.

WR Austin Proehl was cut from the Giants on 8/18, btw.

Thanks for posting the update on Zach Tom. Great to hear he is having a solid start at Green Bay!

Greer (Chiefs) and Washington(Bengals) both released yesterday. Have to think a few other Deacs are in danger today as well as teams must go from 85 to 80 I think.

Back