• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Deacs in the NFL

Not this early in camp. Practice squad are the guys that get cut right before the season (or at least some of them).

Tough to turn down $12 million. There's little doubt that this is Bates' last year in Cincy. Should be in for a big payday this off-season.

Have to think a few other Deacs are in danger today as well as teams must go from 85 to 80 I think.

I am hoping and expecting the Steelers to cut Nick Sciba today. He is having a nice camp and am hopeful he will get picked up somewhere. The Steelers extended Boswell in the off season so they likely won't keep Sciba. They cut the camp punter last week and hoping they cut Sciba this week. That would give him more time to sign with other teams than if the Steelers wait a week to cut him. I think we will see him kick somewhere in the league this year.

Last edited:
Zac Taylor can’t go without having a Deac on the roster.

I am hoping and expecting the Steelers to cut Nick Sciba today. He is having a nice camp and am hopeful he will get picked up somewhere. The Steelers extended Boswell in the off season so they likely won't keep Sciba. They cut the camp punter last week and hoping they cut Sciba this week. That would give him more time to sign with other teams than if the Steelers wait a week to cut him. I think we will see him kick somewhere in the league this year.

I think he'd be better off on the Steelers for the remainder of the preseason to guarantee he gets kicks in games then get cut and wait for an injury where he could be the replacement rather than risking looking for a team that will give him a chance to kick in the last two games.

The Jags waived their only kicker on the roster.

There's a never ending kicker carousel during the season because of poor performance and injury. If Sciba keeps making kicks, he will get picked up at some point. His issue will always be kickoffs, but a few teams use their punter to kickoff. When/if the NFL bans kickoffs, Sciba's prospects will rise.

See Roberson let go by Cowboys today. Hope he will get another shot somewhere else at some point.

See Roberson let go by Cowboys today. Hope he will get another shot somewhere else at some point.

Disappointing. Didn't have the off the chart tools, but perhaps, the most fundamentally sound receiver for WF in a long time. Roberson had surgery early in 2022. Not sure if he fully recovered.

He barely played in the preseason games. I think a healthy Roberson would show out in the USFL or XFL and get another shot next year.

Not to mention that Roberson didn't make it past the 85-man roster on a team with major WR concerns.

Not to mention that Roberson didn't make it past the 85-man roster on a team with major WR concerns.

reminds me of how Sage didn't make the team with the Lions when they had, like, the worst WR corps in the league

Seems Surratt has survived the day with the Chargers. Prob a low chance of making regular roster but maybe he has a shot as a practice squad TE project…especially given his bball background and good hands. Maybe give him a year to see if they can add a bit more weight to him.

Back