• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Deacs in the NFL

Agree. Suratt does not have wide appeal as a TE at 215.lbs

The Ourlads depth chart has Ja’Sir Taylor as a backup nickelback. So that’s a chance to get on a practice squad at least.

Pro Football Focus has singled out Zach Tom as crushing it in preseason:

What Pittsburgh is to drafting receivers, Green Bay is to drafting offensive linemen, and the Packers may have found another gem in rookie Zach Tom. A fourth-round draft pick, Tom has impressive movement skills and has now had back-to-back preseason games with good grades in every facet. He has yet to allow a pressure across 40 pass-blocking snaps at right tackle and has been impressing as a run blocker, also. The Packers haven’t been shy about rewarding lower draft picks with playing time if they earn it, and Tom should have that in his sights now.

Pro Football Focus has singled out Zach Tom as crushing it in preseason:

What Pittsburgh is to drafting receivers, Green Bay is to drafting offensive linemen, and the Packers may have found another gem in rookie Zach Tom. A fourth-round draft pick, Tom has impressive movement skills and has now had back-to-back preseason games with good grades in every facet. He has yet to allow a pressure across 40 pass-blocking snaps at right tackle and has been impressing as a run blocker, also. The Packers haven’t been shy about rewarding lower draft picks with playing time if they earn it, and Tom should have that in his sights now.

This is incredibly unsurprising.

Giants WR Johnson tore his Achilles today. Bachman that much closer to sneaking into a roster spot.

Anyone bring up John losing his finger nail during practice with the Bengals? Guess he’s out for a bit.

This is incredibly unsurprising.

If only there was a pro team in North Carolina within an hour and a half that needed linemen with a coach that could have scouted him…Or just watched one game.

Last edited:
To be fair, Tom projected at RT or C and those are the two positions on the line that were settled going into the draft.

To be fair, Tom projected at RT or C and those are the two positions on the line that were settled going into the draft.

Tom can play any OL position

Tram an earlier report at Packers camp:

Zach Tom arrived at Green Bay Packers rookie camp in May looking to be a five-position player on the offensive line.

Just six practices into training camp, Tom is four-fifths of the way to that goal, though perhaps there’s an even bigger goal in front of him. On Tuesday, the first full-pads practice of the summer, Tom worked with the No. 1 offense at right tackle. There was no need to tell the fourth-round pick what was at stake with this latest test of his versatility.

“Honestly, they just say, ‘You’re going to be playing right tackle tomorrow.’ That’s it,” Tom said at his locker after. “But I can read between the lines. They’re giving me an opportunity to run with the 1s, so you’ve got to make the most of it.”

Tom played LT at Wake Forest

Last edited:
The Panthers picked a LT in the 1st round.

As someone currently living in Nashville, I would love to have a deac to root for on the Titans, especially Roberson.

Tom can play any OL position

Tram an earlier report at Packers camp:

Zach Tom arrived at Green Bay Packers rookie camp in May looking to be a five-position player on the offensive line.

Just six practices into training camp, Tom is four-fifths of the way to that goal, though perhaps there’s an even bigger goal in front of him. On Tuesday, the first full-pads practice of the summer, Tom worked with the No. 1 offense at right tackle. There was no need to tell the fourth-round pick what was at stake with this latest test of his versatility.

“Honestly, they just say, ‘You’re going to be playing right tackle tomorrow.’ That’s it,” Tom said at his locker after. “But I can read between the lines. They’re giving me an opportunity to run with the 1s, so you’ve got to make the most of it.”

Tom played LT at Wake Forest

This is the thing that was surprising to me about Tom sliding further than he should have. He could play any position on the line, and he did so at a very, very high level in college. It's not like he was matching up against scrubs playing LT last year. His production is there. The guy can just play.

Back