• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones Book-Spoiler Thread

He is only writing one episode per season. The good news about that is he probably has a little easier time with that because he can draw largely from the book and compare to the plot point he needs to hit for tv.

That ten plus year wait was brutal. Part of the problem was he had a very large amount of book four/five written and was going to fast forward five years between the books. He felt it was not working and scrapped it and started over. Seems once he did that the story need to be rewritten and reworked quite a bit to get it where he wanted it.

As frustrating as the wait has been i'd rather get slow high quality that fast crap.

In need...

I'm recent to the Game of Thrones series and I'm finding myself unbelievably agitated with the way things are turning in the third book (I'm about 60% of the way through). I've actually had to stop reading it and instead of itching for the next few spare minutes so I can pick the book back up, I find myself setting the book further and further aside. If anyone is interested in some plot discussion I'd be happy for a PM. I also have one or two yes or no questions that would be rude to post (spoilers for other Thrones newbs?)

Book 3 is pretty brutal through the midway point; I'm guessing it's the downer moments (RW?) that have you frustrated? That said, I promise there is vindication coming at the end of it; it isn't always fast, but karma ends up curbstomping almost everyone through book 4, and there are some incredibly satisfying moments at the end of book 3. Plenty here that seem knowledgeable about the series, but I'm also up for answering anything I can.

I'm recent to the Game of Thrones series and I'm finding myself unbelievably agitated with the way things are turning in the third book (I'm about 60% of the way through). I've actually had to stop reading it and instead of itching for the next few spare minutes so I can pick the book back up, I find myself setting the book further and further aside. If anyone is interested in some plot discussion I'd be happy for a PM. I also have one or two yes or no questions that would be rude to post (spoilers for other Thrones newbs?)

I experienced something similar with book 3... I cruised through the first two really quickly but took some time with 3. All I can really say is just keep with it. It develops somewhat slowly but the second half is just f'ing awesome.

This thread motivated me to find the episodes online and buy the books. Just began book 3. Book Two I thought was great. Tyrion is the best character in my opinion. He is a boss. Catelyn Stark is beginning to piss me off in Book Three. Sansa has always been annoying. Arya is just much cooler.

I would take a book on just Arya and Tyrion any day.

And some Jon Snow. A little of Dany too.

This thread motivated me to find the episodes online and buy the books. Just began book 3. Book Two I thought was great. Tyrion is the best character in my opinion. He is a boss. Catelyn Stark is beginning to piss me off in Book Three. Sansa has always been annoying. Arya is just much cooler.

When I started book three, I felt the same way. It changes a little but I'm looking forward to hopefully getting back to where you are now.

So my roommate is sitting in stunned silence.

So long Ned.

Wish they would have shown more of the fighting but no complaints overall.

Yall still ain't seen nothing yet. Gonna be a great finale.

Saw this last night and thought it was pretty funny:

Spoilers for those who haven't watched last night's episode yet:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't believe Goffrey killed Ned. You could see the queen panicking. She is gonna lose her bro now and lover. dagger!

Very interested to see what's going to happen with Daeny, the baby, and the blood magic after seeing Ser what'shisname take her into the tent when the witch/healer was working on the Khal.

E: I so hope dragons show up in the season finale.

Last edited:
I just wonder what's going to happen to Karl Drago. Will he stay on duty, or is he a HE GONE! Will we ever see Karl from Accounting again?

kharlfromaccounting.jpg

The book made Tyrion out to be a much better fighter than the movie - wonder why they had him miss the whole fight instead of the whole helmet to horse thing they had in the book?

Otherwise, awesome episode

Back