• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

Quite a few deviations from the books in that episode (Asha, Melisandre/Stannis, Craster, etc) that paid off mostly well, I think.

Quite a few deviations from the books in that episode (Asha, Melisandre/Stannis, Craster, etc) that paid off mostly well, I think.

Meli/Stannis makes sense to add because of lack of POV, and what happens in the future. Craster change I suppose makes sense because that scene I remember the Craster scenes as being boring in the books.

Meli/Stannis makes sense to add because of lack of POV, and what happens in the future. Craster change I suppose makes sense because that scene I remember the Craster scenes as being boring in the books.

Yea, if I remember correctly I feel the relationship between Mel and Stannis was implied in the books, just not the actual banging while action figures are sticking in your back.

Yea, if I remember correctly I feel the relationship between Mel and Stannis was implied in the books, just not the actual banging while action figures are sticking in your back.

I found myself much more attracted to Mel in the episode than in the books.

I guess I will leave this in spoilers too. Your theory is a very common one, among some fans it's taken as fact considering how well it fits. Other think it is too "obvious" and that there will be an additional twist. I don't think it is that obvious to your average reader and generally think you're right, but GRRM is pretty good at surprising the audience so we'll see.
I agree with you, I think tithe avg reader it's not obvious. Like I said it didn't come to me until the 2nd go around and when it comes to books and mess I'm usually pretty bright about stuff. I think it was yesterday I was talking with some friends who mentioned the whole series is called a song of fire and ice. I can't think of a clearer way to show that than ice=Jon and fire=Danys. I think that they will end up together at the end but like you said Martin is one tricky bastard when it comes to twists and mess. One cool thing I heard was when he was writing the red wedding chapter he actually had to skip that chapter write the rest of the book and then go back and rewrite that chapter because it was so tough to write for him

I thought the Janos Slynt exile scene was fantastic.

I agree with you, I think tithe avg reader it's not obvious. Like I said it didn't come to me until the 2nd go around and when it comes to books and mess I'm usually pretty bright about stuff. I think it was yesterday I was talking with some friends who mentioned the whole series is called a song of fire and ice. I can't think of a clearer way to show that than ice=Jon and fire=Danys. I think that they will end up together at the end but like you said Martin is one tricky bastard when it comes to twists and mess. One cool thing I heard was when he was writing the red wedding chapter he actually had to skip that chapter write the rest of the book and then go back and rewrite that chapter because it was so tough to write for him

See any connection between the white Ghost and black Drogon? Kinda like ying and yang thing where they are almost the exact opposites. Ghost seemingly appears to be a virtuous animal, while Drogon appears to be hell-on-wheels, who will fuck up anyone/thing in his path. Wouldn't make the connection on its own but I think it lends to the ties between Jon and Danys plus furthers the ice/fire theme.

The stannis Mel thing was all but confirmed in the book but happened off screen. The craster thing at the end as well. They said what craster does with the boys rather than show it like in this version. They never confirm on screen what we saw there but again it was implied.

There are things beyond the wall that are worse than wildings. (dramatic music)

Didn't we already know that due to the badass things in the first episode of season 1 and the guy coming back to life earlier this season?

North of the Wall has some scary shit in it. I'd add a few more hundred feet to that wall...

Did they stray from the book with the last scene? The last two?

The last scene, absolutely. What Craster was doing is alluded to in the books, but you never actually "saw" it (meaning Jon never actually witnessed it). And Craster was crude and surly, but he never mixed it up with Jon.

EDIT: deaconson beat me to it

great episode. Surprised noone has bumped this thread yet.

"Don't want to fuck me? That's cool. I'll get get my brother and he can get you started. Or you can just do me from the back and pretend I'm him. Either way, it's gravy to me."

GROSS

Enjoyed tonight's episode, but it only focused on a couple of the storylines. I hope they don't start going large amounts of time not mentioning certain characters or storylines.

I really didn't enjoy how condensed the Arya storyline has become, but really enjoyed the 1st half of the episode and how they showed the Tyrion/Pycelle deception.

A bit surprised they cut out the mountain and the tickler from arya's story, but that will keep things more condensed. Overall I really liked the episode.

A bit surprised they cut out the mountain and the tickler from arya's story, but that will keep things more condensed. Overall I really liked the episode.

Have they? I was a little confused while watching in that its been awhile and I wasn't quite sure what was the chronology of what happens to Arya after she leaves Kings Landing. If they have cut the Tickler it will be a real shame. Prob one of the more powerful moments for me was in the books when she got even with him.

I think they have to somehow show them a little bit (maybe at Harrenhal?), otherwise why would Arya hate them like she does?

Back