• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of thrones season 5 (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

I believe there was an earlier scene where Brienne made contact outside the walls of Winterfell with someone (maybe the old woman?) who then carried word inside that there was help available for Sansa - sorry, exact memory is a little foggy.

Yes, when she was finding boarding she talked to an old man and asked him to get a message inside.

So I just read an interesting theory that I hadn't seen mentioned anywhere else...supposedly we've caught up with the books, but just in case anyone is worried about spoilers:

There's a theory about Tyrion's true parentage. That while Tywin was the Hand of The King to Aerys Targaryen (The Mad King), his wife Joanna got preggers with Aerys. Tywin found out and tried to abort the baby resulting in Joanna's death and Tywin's "deformity", hence all the "You're no son of mine" stuff. Supposedly Tyrion is described with white blond hair and a fascination with dragons in the books. Also, if the other theory that Jon Snow is her half-brother, then she, Jon Snow, and Tyrion would be Targaryen siblings and the riders of her three dragons. Would make sense why Tyrion is now with Daenerys.

Thought that was very interesting.

That definitely would be a really interesting plot line.

There is no way Jon Snow stays dead.

Also, I love Games of Owns, but how bad did the whole Dorne thing suck this year? Holy shit, what a disaster that plot line turned out to be.

Also, I love Games of Owns, but how bad did the whole Dorne thing suck this year? Holy shit, what a disaster that plot line turned out to be.

I thought that it was okay but I doubt that it really sticks with me in a couple of months.

I hate the whole thing just for the dumb speech the oldest daughter gave her mother just to say "yeah I'm on board".
But worth it for the sister's bewbs.

Dorne plot was a snooooozer. If they'd made the Dornish characters interesting at all, it may have been worth it. But instead we got some limp plotlines about Jamie trying to rescue his daughter. That's about all. The plot basically killed Jamie and Bron for the whole damn season.

agree with the dorne complaints. what a waste of a potentially great set piece. all it did was keep jamie away from kings landing so cersei could f everything up. again.

The biggest problem I had with Dorne was that the producers must have only had like $700 to film all those scenes, thus explaining why the entire Dornish population consists of Wheelchair Prince, Pissed Widow, Ving Rhames, and the 3 Sand Snakes.

Dude, that is the Mountain. That ain't a spoiler. It's the fucking Mountain.

I'm interested to hear from a book reader whether at this point it seems like the conversation could be merged. From what I understand, the show has now caught up to or surpassed most, if not all, of the book's storylines, and the other stuff is just flat out different.

i think that boring storyline with bran stark and the kid from love actually has been furthered in the books.

Back