• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of thrones season 5 (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

lighten up. book readers are here to talk about the tv show. there is so little from the book on this thread and, i don't think, a single spoiler. this particular "incident" occurred because someone mentioned wanting to read how it happened. he was told there is nothing to read. what an asshole that guy is.

tumblr_m99r51WDIU1qfymz8o1_500.gif

And specifically mentioned something occurring AFTER what has been shown on the show that may or may not still be included in the show.

Just think it should be fairly easy to realize if your post includes the words "in the books" then this isn't the right thread.

But whatever...go ahead and throw all the shit from the books that hasn't been addressed yet...no worries.

won't respond again. i am not giving anything away that is in the books nor am i mentioning anything in the books. feel free to pour on the neg reps.

Thank god BKF isn't a GOT fan....Can you imagine the rant?

Matt Damon will leave Mars and return to Earth in the movie the Martian. It's all about the journey, man.

Matt Damon will leave Mars and return to Earth in the movie the Martian. It's all about the journey, man.

I thought he died trying to kill Matthew McConaughey.

I thought he died trying to kill Matthew McConaughey.

That is one storyline I am not eager to get back to. Magical children FTMFL.

In general, the TV show (and maybe the books, too?) are starting to get around to a bunch of supernatural bullshit. The problem with supernatural bullshit is that it moots all the human politics. WGAF about the Lannisters/Tyrells/Starks/Barratheons when there are gods and dragons and zombies that are all way more important?

That's not really a complaint about this show, specifically. I think it's a problem with a lot of sci-fi. As soon as you introduce "the gods" or stuff in another dimension, it gives me a really nihilistic view of any "human" subplots.

In general, the TV show (and maybe the books, too?) are starting to get around to a bunch of supernatural bullshit. The problem with supernatural bullshit is that it moots all the human politics. WGAF about the Lannisters/Tyrells/Starks/Barratheons when there are gods and dragons and zombies that are all way more important?

That's not really a complaint about this show, specifically. I think it's a problem with a lot of sci-fi. As soon as you introduce "the gods" or stuff in another dimension, it gives me a really nihilistic view of any "human" subplots.

I think you mean fantasy, not sci-fi.

unless all the human subplots affect the final resolution and the zombies and dragons are just pieces like Arya and Cersei lannister

i hope the supernatural stuff will cancel each other out and it will come down to the more "human" aspects of the war. you can't be hurt by a regular weapon? we got obsidian and valyrian steel. you raise the dead? we have magic bomb throwing elf kids. you have white walkers? we have dragons.

Back