• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of thrones season 5 (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

That is one storyline I am not eager to get back to. Magical children FTMFL.

I'm interested to hear from a book reader whether at this point it seems like the conversation could be merged. From what I understand, the show has now caught up to or surpassed most, if not all, of the book's storylines, and the other stuff is just flat out different.

depends on if the non-book readers will get all pissy when the book readers get pissy and complain about storylines that change from the books

That is one storyline I am not eager to get back to. Magical children FTMFL.

You know they can hear you.

7Wwp3hj.jpg

depends on if the non-book readers will get all pissy when the book readers get pissy and complain about storylines that change from the books

to sound a little pissy the book readers don't get pissy with the changes. they are just discussed. the only pissy is a few around these parts that got really worked up if something sounded like it might mention the source material. this thread has been spoiler free from us book donks.

i will say that MOST of the story lines are up to date. there are a few things that have never been introduced and so they could potentially be used in the future. in that sense you could get spoiled. probably not that likely because the producers had to cut out a ton of stuff to make each season work and not ramble along at times. still some good stuff and characters they may use at some point.

i would just go read the other thread if you are curious and don't mind potential spoiler theories but otherwise i suspect most talk will stay on this thread until another book comes out.

Bran is my boy, way more interesting than other stuff

I did think it was funny that Jamie had to do all this work to get to dorne undercover on a secret mission the wheelchair dude bro'ed out with him and gave him a hug goodbye

I really wanna read about the battle at winterfell in the books.

Stannis' last few days were indicative of how war goes in that several major unlucky events happened just prior to battle, but that scene was just unbelievable, fantastical even. I'm sure in the books it's much more clearly explained how and why a competent battle commander could be ambushed and destroyed in such detail. his men were not in either marching or battle formation when attacked. he apparently bothered no recon on foot. also how did he so underestimate that the boltons had that many men?

amateur hour for stannis for real

he had no horses for recon, bro; they were all dead or taken by the troops who left

The Battle for Winterfell hasn't happened in the books yet.

I think what you're expected to think with the show is he knows strategically he's in a terrible position but thinks what he did on behalf of the lord of light will work out. By the time the Boltons are attacking, his men are tired, starving, disillusioned, and see the writing on the wall, so scrambling to form ranks probably is irrelevant. I think the zoomed out shot even shows a chunk fleeing.

i think he marched forward knowing he had no choice and was totally fucked.

what i want to know is how he, being at the head of his disorganized column on foot, managed to survive long enough to end up in the woods for Brienne to find him

what i want to know is how he, being at the head of his disorganized column on foot, managed to survive long enough to end up in the woods for Brienne to find him

Once the Boltons showed up, he was fucked. And, after his wife, daughter and Melissandre were gone, Stanis just had no will left. He was going through the motions.

yeah I feel like he would quickly be a main target... obviously they just needed to set up the meeting with Brienne but he should have been killed right away.

I'm interested to hear from a book reader whether at this point it seems like the conversation could be merged. From what I understand, the show has now caught up to or surpassed most, if not all, of the book's storylines, and the other stuff is just flat out different.

Because whatever it is you're talking about wasn't shown on the show.

But I ask again....why are you on the non-book thread?...all that can be discussed freely on the book thread.

Kindly stop posting here unless its info directly from the episodes.

sounds about right

Back