• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of thrones season 5 (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Yeah, I don't get how one guy gets a trial but the other guy, who was actually counseling her, does not. She's a bit of a dodo bird.

yeah. plus the wildling leader refusing the sweet offer from stannis, then jon snow doing the same thing. and arya throwing the awesome coin into the river bc she got a bit frustrated. i guess she gets a pass bc she's a kid, but cmon people.

I thought about the trial question, but he admitted to doing it and proudly proclaimed it. What trial would be necessary? I guess a trial for public perception would have been fine but that's all I can really think of.

she sucks as a ruler

i like that the show is making Sansa kind of a hardass

Read this on Grantland, but it is really frustrating that Sam would not tell John Snow about meeing up with Bran at the end of last season. That might be some useful information to know when deciding between becoming John Stark or being the head of the Watch. To busy trying to make another little fat wildling baby I guess.

Read this on Grantland, but it is really frustrating that Sam would not tell John Snow about meeing up with Bran at the end of last season. That might be some useful information to know when deciding between becoming John Stark or being the head of the Watch. To busy trying to make another little fat wildling baby I guess.

Yeah and the giant lezbo knight might have done a little better if she had told Sansa that she saw Arya like a month ago.

the show gets dumb when they divert completely from the book; a little disconcerting considering they've already said the show will outpace Martin's output and spoil it

i just mean when the writers have to divert or choose to divert, they further upset an already confusing and tricky web of GOT 'stuff'. sometimes it ends up being pointless or worse, like with that little tavern scene (IMO)

I think Brienne's love for Renly has been mentioned several times in the show, including by Littlefinger half way through the last episode. I never really took it as romantic love as much as love of a king (on the show) but there have definitely been multiple references to it.

I mean her love of Renly seems about the same as with Cat Stark. I think she's just loyal as hell once swearing an oath.

the show gets dumb when they divert completely from the book; a little disconcerting considering they've already said the show will outpace Martin's output and spoil it

Books 4 and 5 are unfilmable. The show needs to, and is, going it's own way.

One interesting topic that Grantland discussed that I had thought about going into the season is the villain issue. Tywin and Joffrey were great villains for different reasons. I think Roose is interesting but Ramsay is one note. It'll be interesting to see if the show loses something by taking away some of the main antagonists.

Back