• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game Thread: ODU 12:00 noon 9/16 ESPN2

It still makes me mad too. . . . they hardly gave that replay a review, here is the actual still shot, FROM THE TV BROADCAST! lol

Hartman on one knee before he released that throw. . .

not an INT in the endzone!

shouldve come back out.

View attachment 5407
Wait.

No.

Can't be.

You're telling me replay review still involves human error?

I'm shocked, shocked, to learn that gambling is going on here.

Thought their D hung pretty well with VT, but OL
wore down by 4th quarter, and VT secured the W. I think VT ran about 8 linemen in the rotation. They have several 300 pounders.

So, I don't think we stop them any better than we did vs Vandy. I think the QB scrambles for 100 and one long one for a score.

I think it'll be a close game either one coming out on top.

Last edited:
The good news is there's nobody with Will Sheppard's talent playing receiver at ODU (as far as we know). But yes, our defense will probably still allow some deep shots anyway.

Lots of teams have been struggling this year as favorites. I expect us to win but this is a "bowl game" type moment for ODU. We're not the SF 49ers. There will very likely be some difficulty and certainly not a guaranteed win before the opening whistle. Let's just get the W with no keys injuries.

wore down by 4th quarter, and VT secured the W. I think VT ran about 8 linemen in the rotation. They have several 300 pounders.

So, I don't think we stop them any better than we did vs Vandy. I think the QB scrambles for 100 and one long one for a score.

I I think it'll be a slose game either either one coming out on top.
bold take

I I think it'll be a slose game either either one coming out on top.

sløse​

Jump to navigationJump to search
See also: slose

Contents​

Norwegian Bokmål[edit]​

Etymology[edit]​

Related to the noun slusk

Verb[edit]​

sløse (imperative sløs, present tense sløser, passive sløses, simple past sløste, past participle sløst, present participle sløsende)
  1. to waste (something)
  2. sløse bort / vekk - to fritter away, squander

So, are you saying one team will blow it???????

Would love it when we can put some bigger defensive tackles in our line up.

Would love it when we can put some bigger defensive tackles in our line up.
The mobile, agile 320+lb DT go to places like GA. The rest settle for smaller quick, mobile, agile guys (Wake's preference) or larger less mobile guys.

The mobile, agile 320+lb DT go to places like GA. The rest settle for smaller quick, mobile, agile guys (Wake's preference) or larger less mobile guys.
This is true, but Wake’s are small even by our own standards this year - with depth challenged as well. Our largest is 284 lbs (Helbig), and we have a former walk-on now on the 2-deep.

Do we know how Eli Hall is progressing?

My hope is true freshmen like Chris Marable (6’4, 283) and Ka’Shawn Thomas (6’1, 276) end up being the types of upgrades we’ve always hoped for. If they’re even close to Kobie Turner (6’3, 290) level that would be great.

This is true, but Wake’s are small even by our own standards this year - with depth challenged as well. Our largest is 284 lbs (Helbig), and we have a former walk-on now on the 2-deep.

My hope is true freshmen like Chris Marable (6’4, 283) and Ka’Shawn Thomas (6’1, 276) end up being the types of upgrades we’ve always hoped for. If they’re even close to Kobie Turner (6’3, 290) level that would be great.
They said Marable is close to playing

Be great if those 2 grow into being a really good pair of starting DT's. If they both about 15-20 pounds, Thomas might be the shorter tree stump type that is hard to move off the ball to help against the run and Marable the type of taller pass rush guy that can get to the QB or knock some balls down.

They said Marable is close to playing
There were a couple of days in fall camp that I thought Marable looked playable. None of those were reps against the first-team OL, though, and when you're talking about a guy looking decent 2 days out of 3ish weeks, it doesn't exactly give coaches confidence to play them.

Granted, the last practice we saw was 3-4 weeks ago -- a lot could have changed.

Eli Hall was never really noticeable in fall camp, @Haros. Doesn't mean he absolutely will never contribute; just shouldn't expect much from him this season.

Back