• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GAMEDAY!!!!

WOW.A win, is a win, is a win. We run the ball when we wanted to. We ran the ball when we had too. We ran the ball when they knew we had too. Thank you, CADE!! As for Hartman, Wolford didn't win his first game. As Al Maguire said "The only thing good about a freshmen, is that he becomes a sophomore". He learned a lot tonight. Have a safe trip to all.

We might have run the ball better if we had used Cade more. Who knows. But I don't think we can let Hartman be our primary rusher.

Let's not anoint Hartman just yet - yes, great performance for a true freshman but Tulane was giving Wake everything underneath tonight. Credit to Tulane, their bend but don't break defense nearly won them the game. It is clear that Hartman is a gamer and no doubt will be Wake's signal caller of the future. I don't think any of us should be that surprised by his performance tonight given his pedigree and our coaching staff. He made 3 great throws on the night that I saw, the rest were simple throws I would hope any QB on our roster could make.

That was a fugly win, but it's a win.

Running inside out of the RPO is really bad. The RB has no momentum.

It'll be very interesting to see how opposing Ds adjust to this performance. I gotta think the running game gets going now that Hartman will absolutely get respek.

Tulane seemed pretty slow to react and kept loading the box

We might have run the ball better if we had used Cade more. Who knows. But I don't think we can let Hartman be our primary rusher.

Hartman was reading pass in his RPO reads. Tulane was stacking the box a lot. Beef boys didn't get attitude until second half. Sam had time to throw.

Beef boys finally got to work in OT to get the TD for Carney.

Let's not anoint Hartman just yet - yes, great performance for a true freshman but Tulane was giving Wake everything underneath tonight. Credit to Tulane, their bend but don't break defense nearly won them the game. It is clear that Hartman is a gamer and no doubt will be Wake's signal caller of the future. I don't think any of us should be that surprised by his performance tonight given his pedigree and our coaching staff. He made 3 great throws on the night that I saw, the rest were simple throws I would hope any QB on our roster could make.

The three great throws are usually the difference between a win and a loss. Tonight they were. With our schedule, they probably will be.

Also, with our talented WRs, a lot of talk this off season was about Hinton's accuracy and how that may be an issue with the offense Wolford ran in which he was super accurate on the easy throws. If we have a QB that can be accurate on throws he should make, that will allow our WRs to be great.

Say what? Did Riley throw 51 passes in any two straight games in his freshman year?

People forget how slowly Riley was brought along after the miracle Duke win as a freshman. I always thought that was one of the best coaching efforts I'd seen - it was like they knew exactly what he could handle and kept bumping it up a notch each game.

Hartman just dropped the fucking mic on any QB controversy - and he didn't even execute the RPO reads well. Give him his starting tight end and Washington back... Yeesh. Exciting.

D had a huge stop at the end of the game, and in OT. I'm not so down on them. Seems like we need to clean up a few glitches. Missed short FG, Bad frosh QB moment in a game where he was spectacular, and save 2 big plays, and this game isn't close. There was a lot of good.

+1

can't wait to see more of the guys that did make plays

Hartman was reading pass in his RPO reads. Tulane was stacking the box a lot. Beef boys didn't get attitude until second half. Sam had time to throw.

Beef boys finally got to work in OT to get the TD for Carney.

Couldn’t agree more. Whole team played at higher level in OT

D had a huge stop at the end of the game, and in OT. I'm not so down on them. Seems like we need to clean up a few glitches. Missed short FG, Bad frosh QB moment in a game where he was spectacular, and save 2 big plays, and this game isn't close. There was a lot of good.

The defense had the same problem tonight as last year - unable to get off the field despite 3rd and longs. I beleive all 3 of Tulane's scores came after they were able to convert on 3rd or 4th and more than 10 yards. They converted on 3rd and like 13 and then scored a few plays later. Then they actually scored their second TD on another 3rd and 10 or maybe even more. Finally, the last FG came after they converted on a 4th and 13 (or something like that). They really need to put the hammer down on those downs and end those drives. Thankfully they were able to do just that in the OT.

Everyone is obviously impressed with Hartman and may be overreacting a bit, but you have to admit he made plenty of throws into tight windows. He has all the tools to develop into a solid QB and a locked-in starter for 4 years.

If Beal is as advertised, we need that speed back change up too. Have to love Cade. He does not go backward! :)

I agree we probably won’t have the TFLs like we had last year, but we still shut out a great O last year with all of their OL back for the 1st half and then just had broken plays for 2 big TDS.

Also I think Tulanes DL is going to show is better than expected plus they came in to game to shut down rush. They have a frosh DT Jeffrey Johnson that Alabama and FSU were hot after until he had a health scare. Apparently freak of nature as lifted over 600 lbs and more than rest of team!

Still concerned but clearly Cade was effective and need to give Beal some touches. Colburn seemed slow and not hitting holes strong.

But man is Hartman going to be good! So does Bachman go to #4 when Scotty comes back?

I felt like our Dline couldn't be blocked, but just couldn't get to a pretty agile QB. Probably not the best oline we will face, but also may be one of the more elusive QBs we face. Interested to see if they can get to the QB a bit more that can't move as well.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. But, Hartman, for a true freshman QB, looked very solid tonight.

Tonight was a huge ask for a true freshman QB on the road. Yes, he made a dumbass decision late in the game on the goal line. But, he also showed significant promise.

People forget how slowly Riley was brought along after the miracle Duke win as a freshman. I always thought that was one of the best coaching efforts I'd seen - it was like they knew exactly what he could handle and kept bumping it up a notch each game.

Hartman just dropped the fucking mic on any QB controversy - and he didn't even execute the RPO reads well. Give him his starting tight end and Washington back... Yeesh. Exciting.

Agreed. There's a lot to pick out that Wake did not do well but....., Hartman just swung that dick around like a pimp. Kid isn't scared. He can only get better. Just need to keep him healthy.

Back